Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Uber and Cerner jointly announced on Monday that Uber's app will now directly integrate into Cerner's electronic health record so that care teams will be able to schedule patients for pick-up and drop-off for their non-emergency medical appointments.

Dan Trigub, Head of Uber Health, in a news release. "Our goal is to simplify the way healthcare providers can access transportation options - and our work together will accomplish just that,"

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Lyft has been doing this in my area for a long time. Here are some of my observations:
- pax doesn’t always wait out front and doesn’t answer the phone. They may not even have a phone so some are easy shuffles.
- sometimes they are standing out front but don’t acknowledge me in any way. If I ask if they are waiting for a Lyft ride they act confused. Some have never even heard of Lyft. If I’m in a charitable mood, I will further question them since it’s highly likely they are my ride.
- sometimes they want to call the medical transport company to see if they should ride with me. To them, I am a stranger, not the medical transport they are used to. Waste of my time.
- many live way out in the country so I have to drive back home empty. I am not always notified that this is a long trip.
- I have never received a tip since they are Medicaid or Medicare patients.

They are not profitable trips but I file them in my “do a good deed “ file. The ONLY times I’ve made money is when they are going to a methadone clinic that’s 30+ minutes away. Their appointment only takes about 5 minutes so I wait by the door to get the ping back. There’s always the risk that I won’t get the ping but so far I’ve always gotten them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts