Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am glad I took screenshots because this notification is no longer on my News feed in the driver app. Apparently Uber knows that drivers are confused about how we earn $$ on UberPool so they sent out this "FAQ" to clarify just how awesome it is for drivers.

Feel free go through the screenshots posted and read for yourselves but to summarize what all that mumbo jumbo says...
  • What Uber charges the pax for UberPool trips has ZERO to do with what we drivers earn.
  • For example, you could pick up 4 matched Pool pax who each paid $3-4 individually for their trips. But if the total distance driven was around 5-6 miles, you will be compensated no more than $5.
    • You made four times the amount of stops & earned less than had you picked up each pax individually on UberX
    • the difference btw what you earn and the combined total of what the four pax paid is just GRAVY to Uber.
  • Uber can charge a pax more tomorrow (no surge needed) on the exact same UberPool ride based on the traffic conditions and more but YOU the driver still only get base + distance + time.
  • Unmatched Pool rides do NOT get paid at UberX rates
    • if you are lucky enough to be in one of the rare cities that does, then you probably have other issues to worry about o_O
Notice they still refuse to tell we the "partners" what the EXACT UberPool rates are.

So much for clarifying... :cool:

Product Font Screenshot Technology Circle Product Font Screenshot Parallel Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Document Number Font Parallel Screenshot Number Magenta Font Screenshot Magenta Parallel Number Font Screenshot Parallel Number Document

·
Banned
1,939 Posts
So basically, you only get paid for the entire trip's length divided by the number of pax, the first pick up was a favor ride to the next rider's drop off point if they both were picked at the same location, only on your side though... we will still charge them both for the full amount of miles, thank you for being a valued dumb ass.

·
Premium Member
62,899 Posts
Am glad I took screenshots because this notification is no longer on my News feed in the driver app. Apparently Uber knows that drivers are confused about how we earn $$ on UberPool so they sent out this "FAQ" to clarify just how awesome it is for drivers.

Feel free go through the screenshots posted and read for yourselves but to summarize what all that mumbo jumbo says...
  • What Uber charges the pax for UberPool trips has ZERO to do with what we drivers earn.
  • For example, you could pick up 4 matched Pool pax who each paid $3-4 individually for their trips. But if the total distance driven was around 5-6 miles, you will be compensated no more than $5.
    • You made four times the amount of stops & earned less than had you picked up each pax individually on UberX
    • the difference btw what you earn and the combined total of what the four pax paid is just GRAVY to Uber.
  • Uber can charge a pax more tomorrow (no surge needed) on the exact same UberPool ride based on the traffic conditions and more but YOU the driver still only get base + distance + time.
  • Unmatched Pool rides do NOT get paid at UberX rates
    • if you are lucky enough to be in one of the rare cities that does, then you probably have other issues to worry about o_O
Notice they still refuse to tell we the "partners" what the EXACT UberPool rates are.

So much for clarifying... :cool:

View attachment 103151 View attachment 103152 View attachment 103153 View attachment 103156 View attachment 103159 View attachment 103160
Do NOT DO POOL !
4 TIMES THE WEAR AND LIABILITY AND RATINGS
1/2 THE MONEY !

·
Registered
566 Posts
Uber recently published a rate card for Pool in Miami that you had to accept to get back online. I'm still trying to find out if that was everyone or just me.

It would be trivial for Uber to make Pool the most profitable service for drivers. There would be people specializing in Pool if it was structured properly. Instead they make it a good deal for the company and screw the drivers.

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
For simplicity's sake, here's some numbers...

If an X ride pays $1/mile and 15 cents a minute, $1 base fare, you average 30mph, no extra stops, a six mile twelve minute ride would pay $8.80 less commission which comes to $6.60.

The equivalent four person POOL ride might pay 80¢/mile and 12 cents a minute, $1 base fare, averages 20 mph, and tacks on three two minute stops each adding a single mile, meaning the total traveled becomes nine miles and it takes 33 minutes. The pay would be $12.16 less commission coming to $9.12 for the lucky POOL driver.

You could do three X rides in the 33 minutes it took to go through that POOL mess.

IF the POOL ride paid at X rates it would still suck to the tune of $14.95 netting a whopping $11.21 after commission.

I guess I'm trying to figure out in this case, what a POOL passenger would pay in theory for their share of that ride.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It should be on your "Service Fee Addendum"

View attachment 103508
Thnx for the clarification. This confirms what I have always felt for a long time...

UberPool is just ANOTHER rate cut in disguise. So technically, even though Uber didn't drop the rates this year, it doesn't matter because any driver who accepts Pool rides already agreed to the rate cut a while back.

A premium service for bus fare prices... o_O

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Thnx for the clarification. This confirms what I have always felt for a long time...

UberPool is just ANOTHER rate cut in disguise. So technically, even though Uber didn't drop the rates this year, it doesn't matter because any driver who accepts Pool rides already agreed to the rate cut a while back.

A premium service for bus fare prices... o_O
The real spread of the rate cut is the fact that picking up additional pax rarely adds much to the mileage but adds significantly to the time. At $0.075 a minute net, or $4,50 an hour, and it takes far more than the 2 minute wait time that you allot a pax to find you. It deviates from the route, extra time at red lights, extra time in traffic, etc.

That's what really get your on Pool rides, not just the difference in the rate table, but the extra time with minimal mileage to keep adding and dropping off pax along an inefficient route.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I finally started to ignore pool rides a few weeks ago and I am making more money. I ignored a pool request two times from the same pax in a span of only a few minutes. The third request from her came over an an X ride and I took it. I guess I was the only car in the area and when I picked her up, she told me she had ordered POOL and I flat out told her that I ignore them because I don't even break even on those rides.

·
Registered
566 Posts
It would be ridiculously easy to make Pool the most profitable service for drivers. Imagine if your rate went up every time a Pool pax was matched and there was a bonus for a full car. Drivers would be out singing the virtues of Pool. X riders would stand around a Pool pax would get the call.

Pool is a scam.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts