Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I wait around for over an hour before I get my first ping, so I am thinking about doing Lyft at the same time.

How would this work? Would I have both applications loaded onto my tablet at the same time? And if so, will one application command focus on my screen when a ping comes up, even though the app might not be on the screen at the time?

G

·
It really depends on where you are driving. I do Lyft and Uber. I will normally run both apps when waiting for a ride, especially when its not as busy. You will run both apps at once, but when it gets busy, its best to just run Uber because you'll get back to back trips. On a few instances, I've got pings from both at the same time!!! Whoops. It doesn't happen often, but on a few occasions, I'll be on an a ride and I will have forgotten to turn off the other App, so I'll have to just not accept, unless I'm almost done with the ride. However, one time I accepted a Lyft ride thinking that I was almost done with an Uber ride, but the guy was right around the corner lol!!! And he was trying to flag me down and then was following me down the block (downtown setting), so I canceled the ride. But usually when it gets busy, Uber will give you a lot more rides. Conclusion, its good to run both apps especially if I'm waiting 5 minutes between rides. If you can just be aware and remember to manage your apps well, you can get pretty good at running them simultaneously.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Sometimes I wait around for over an hour before I get my first ping, so I am thinking about doing Lyft at the same time.

How would this work? Would I have both applications loaded onto my tablet at the same time? And if so, will one application command focus on my screen when a ping comes up, even though the app might not be on the screen at the time?
like LegendofUber, lyft isn't as high in demand in my area. for every 1 lyft ping, i'll get at least 3 uber pings. some would encourage you to accept an uber ping and if you get a lyft ping at the same time or during your trip to the uber pax, to cancel uber and take the lyft pax since lyft allows tips more freely; and also some have found lyft pax to be of a higher quality than uber. personally, i havent' experienced much of a difference in that regard.

if you do this, just don't go overboard. pay attention to your cancellation rates cos too many can impact you.

me, i only log onto both on sundays or on my days off my FT gig. the other days i'll just log on to uber. just works out better for me that way since getting uber pings is more reliable than lyft in my area.

G

·
Another thing to consider too is depending on where you are, you might need to drive further to pick up your Lyft pax. Because I don't get as many Lyft pings, I usually like to take them to keep my acceptance high. Near where I live, however, there are always people heading up to Seattle, Bellevue or the airport. So my first rides of the day between 530-6am are about 25-30 minute rides. I don't leave until I get pinged. At any rate, you should get on with Lyft too. Then you've got an option when its slow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts