Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at a 4.89 with Uber and was at a 4.89 with Lyft but went down to a 4.79 in a couple days. 125 rides in with lyft. The thing is that these ratings can make you nervous. Now I find myself always connecting very quickly with Lyft pax. That's what they want. Lyft pax tell me they like to sit in the front and like to connect with their drivers. So it's a bit unnatural to me, but I do my best to connect right away and get to know them better. The problem with that is that it's hard to talk and drive at the same time. But unfortunately that is what Lyft wants you to do. Accommodate and connect. (And it gets even harder when you take LINE and have to connect with everyone and drive) Believe me, Lyft pax love connecting. More than Uber. But why??? You never see each other again.

Anyways, these 5 star ratings are not fair. There should only be 3 stars available. It should be like Ebay. Positive, Neutral, or Negative. Because then we don't have these arbitrary ratings where you can do a good job but a pax feels a 4 is good enough for you. I mean I'm at a 4.79 with Lyft and if I drop by a couple points, I could be done just because I had a few bad pax or a bad night. It could happen. It got to the point where I had to call a police to see if my passed out pax was okay, but I did it because I wanted to have my back covered, so that Lyft wouldn't kick me out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think mostly they need to redefine the stars, or realize that most people are using the star system as they understand it.

Unfortunately as read somewhere recently this is how UBER DEFINES ratings:
1 Star Driver needs to be FIRED
2 Star Driver needs to be FIRED
3 Star Driver needs to be FIRED
4 Star Driver needs to be FIRED
5 Star Driver can stay Employed

This is how most riders are rating people, based on how "normal" people understand star ratings:

2 Star Driver needs to get his act together
3 Star Driver is Average gets the job done
4 Star Driver was good at his/her job
5 Star Driver was WOW, what a great ride!

And of course the "FIRING" threshold should be 3...

·
Premium Member
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think mostly they need to redefine the stars, or realize that most people are using the star system as they understand it.

Unfortunately as read somewhere recently this is how UBER DEFINES ratings:
2 Star Driver needs to be FIRED
3 Star Driver needs to be FIRED
4 Star Driver needs to be FIRED
5 Star Driver can stay Employed

This is how most riders are rating people, based on how "normal" people understand star ratings:

2 Star Driver needs to get his act together
3 Star Driver is Average gets the job done
4 Star Driver was good at his/her job
5 Star Driver was WOW, what a great ride!

And of course the "FIRING" threshold should be 3...
Exactly. How can they have ratings when these same people give great restaurants a 4 on yelp? I'm surprised so many actually give a 5. But it's not fair, you can do well and everything goes right with a pax and they gladly give you a 4 to be nice.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Pax have mostly given up doing ratings now. They've mostly worked out how childish it is. And how likely they are to get the same rating back from the driver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts