Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For years, Uber has allegedly used a "worldwide program" to identify and ultimately bypass authorities in regions where their service had been resisted. The program consisted of an identification tool called Greyball, the New York Times reported Friday. Greyball, part of the VTOS (violation of terms of service) program, was reportedly used to "evade the authorities" in Paris, Las Vegas, and Boston. Additionally, the method was used in Australia, China, Italy, and South Korea.

http://www.complex.com/life/2017/03...mplexmag&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Actually, I believe this is the first, & only, time uber has protected their drivers.

They identified pax accounts that were sting operations and wasted their time without pinging real drivers. If real drivers were dispatched, their cars would be impounded with heavy fines.

Hard for me to say, but yea for uber.

Of course ubers motives weren't altruistic, they were paying g drivers fines at the time so it was in their benefit too.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Somebody gotta take the hit for all this bad behavior and bad press. I'm betting it could be 1 of 2 positions within Uber. We'll see. If Uber finds it hard to raise capital going forward, look for the top guy to get the ax.

Uber played hard ball to get established. The upside is, well, they're established and the dominant player in ride share. The downside is this software might land some big fines. You think those fines will come out of TK's check?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.