Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So uber now shows in their app the threat. While they cant deactivate you for acceptance rate, they can and will throttle you Awesome. have we had enough of these subhumans yet?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
62,899 Posts
So uber now shows in their app the threat. While they cant deactivate you for acceptance rate, they can and will throttle you Awesome. have we had enough of these subhumans yet?
Uber has not 1 scruple Left to place an Ethic upon if they knew where to find one !!!! ( maybe they could steal one like self driving car plans)
GRAVE ROBBING HAS BECOME A MORE HONORABLE PROFESSION THAN UBER DRIVING !

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I did not interpret this as throttling. Uber is saying the more trips you ignore or reject the longer your wait times between trips, which makes sense.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I could be wrong, but I read that as... If you reject trips, your ass is sitting for longer not earning. Rather than... We will give you less trips.
I agree. I had to add to my initial comment after I actually clicked on the photo and read why it says. It can be interpreted either way, but my guess is Uber is encouraging that you will achieve more trips faster with less wait if you accept every trip and don't cancel. Cancels effectively cause downtime between trips and loss of potential revenue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Real application of this is when I think about whether to reject/cancel a non surge trip when I'm close a boost area. I could take this trip and roll with it, or risk sitting on my ass with no trips if every driver is out trying to make money in the boost area.

I have sat on my ass for 45 min or even more waiting for a trip during rush hour after rejecting a couple of non surge pings and think I should've just taken those. Or going offline for about 15+min trying to get to the boost area only to wait another 15+ to get a ping anyway.

Heavy surge isn't as much to think about since likelihood of good pings is high anyway. So I just cancel those.

·
Banned
4,825 Posts
That's what I initially thought when I saw that in January. Then i remembered how they state obvious things like the going offline are u sure prompt that said "are u sure u want to go offline? U cant earn money if u go offline." Yeah Uber, I know, thanks, I'll stay online now, I hadn't **** of that. So I think they mean "if u don't accept trips you'll be waiting longer for a trip", cuz they state the obvious like ur a toddler "if u go to sleep, u won't be awake so u can't earn". Think like Uber, not like a reasonable person. If they didn't want us to know about it, they wouldn't tell us. If they did, they'd post it on the map screen like they usually do, like with the booking fee raise and other exciting changes. Not use some vague sentence that hints at it. So that hardly admits they throttle it. Especially since I just got a time out yesterday for rejecting 3 in a row. I got 1 right after rejecting 1. Then I got another right after rejecting 2 in a row. None of this proves anything, I'm just saying they didn't admit anything.

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
You need to read between the lines. It means that if you accept everything you'll have less waiting time. That's it no conspiracy in my opinion. Today I finished with 26 rides and 10 cancels in 6hours 30 minutes. So I'm not trippin

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
reading between the lines it does sugest that that there is an unknown variable.

considering this is a english speaking company it states first that it dosent effect your account but often means shorter wait times.

if you dont accept the first ping your wait time will be longer no matter how quickly the second comes in.

sure it could be taking a larger pool of data into consideration.

i would not discount a form of upward throttling

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Omg people constantly looking for consp. theories like they have nothing to do an bored
hmmm. but you do know that there are secrete rules that govern all aspects of uber's service including how drivers recieve request.

yes, they are secrete and that is the cause of speculation. look at the in app message. it is about as clear as mud.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I also read it as there's a longer wait time for the customers as they are always saying. Who knows, as usual they aren't clear...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts