Uber Drivers Forum banner

Uber - add up to 5 stops!!

3K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  #1husler 
Is Uber crazy or just dumb?
No, neither, just hoping that x number of ants go along with this, making more money for Fuber while making less for themselves, oh, but wait....as per Uber math partners will actually be making more money when doing multistops (because .06 a min x 10 min waits x 5 stops =$3 more, sweet!), never mind.

just "sorry, Uber doesn't pay me enough for any stops."
Right, no need for the long "song and dance", instead I just level with them that "at .06 cents a mins...I cant afford to wait at your stop", savvy pax will get it and offer up a cash or venmo/cash app tips, those are not will insist that they are "super quick"..."Well, ok, I can donate 3 mins to your stop, but then I'll have to go"....I arrive, start timer, at 2:55 I'm edging out and by 3:00 I'm gone.

Is that what it is? .06 a minute? Ouch
Yes indeedy, a driver would get paid a princely 6 cents a mins to wait in my market...so while OP members (and/or trolls) regularly grouse that drivers "lack empathy nd understanding" when they turn down the multi-stops, or leave when pax keep one waiting forever, I would share that I'm not economically positioned to take that kinda of financial haircut on a ride at time....I just cant afford it, and I level with pax about this. Its nice that so many of our colleagues are: 1) out hobby driving "for fun" (not money), or 2) get paid lucratively to wait, or 3) can lose money on multi-stop rides. But none of these 3 are me.

Well, it’s a whole .20 per minute in my market and .61 per mile. Yep, even at .20 per minute is nothing. That’s why I tell them I can only wait up to 3, 4. Or 5 minutes (according to the enjoyment of their company). Luckily not a big thing I worry about because only about 5% need a stop along the way.
mann, pax are obsessed with the multi-stop in my market, even when I'm vigilant about it (pre screening and removing them), I still get saddled with some on just about every outing by pax who want to add them on after the ride starts. Again, its not necessarily the "pax fault" because U/L aggressively promo these (it increases their bottom line at no extra over head for them, so why not?), so its more about letting them know I can afford it.

This has been going on way before that email, my impression of that email is that now more ppl will know about stops and it'll create more entitlement.
Well....the more Uber promotes the multi-stops the more pax will take Uber up on such a generous offer (and not read or just ignore the fine print about keeping them under 3 mins...I mean, really?, pax will stop and do their Walmart shopping in under 3 mins!?).

The few times I've had to deal with a stop because of my own ignorance of not looking, or the pax added it in while on trip, I've said the app limits stops to 3 minutes, or 5 minutes, I forget which. After that the app shuts off.
I made a stop once in the people disappear into the store I know there's no way they're going to be out in 3 minutes, so start your phone timer at 3 minutes or 5 minutes whatever it was and end the trip cancel and drive away.
Why wait 5 mins when some paxhole disppears into Walmart to shop? I ended all rides there and bounce.

FWIW, you can pretty much bet that ending a trip where the rider wanted another stop, will producer a one star rating. If you dont care, then that's fine, but that what I've experienced.
You can also pretty much bet that agreeing to stop and wait here and there, at the grocery store, take out/away restaurant or going through the drive thru will produce lower earning, if you dont care, then that's also fine, but thats what I've experienced. The only stars I care about are the ones with dollar signs in my account. Paxhole who whine about wanting those stops and get punted at their first stop can one star me for all I care.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.