Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, any chance you can help? Been on the platform for just over a year now. Done over 3,000 trips with rating at 4.84 at the last check. Had my first suspension after a first time rider made a naively, perhaps false allegation of fear for own safety. Thank goodness I followed my 6th sense to switch on my voice recording device when pax demanded her journey shouldn't have to take 20 minutes in a car when her destination was only '6 stops on the tube from her house' - things drivers have to put up with eh? If not for the fact that I had the conversation recorded and turned it in to uber before I was allowed on the platform after 24 hours. Who knows what uber would have done if I had no audio proof on what ensued? ‍♂

However, here's the dilemma I face. Lasy Sunday, I realised my account had been suspended after about 8 trips done on the day. I still can't think of anything that may have warranted the suspension nor had I got any feedback to that effect- hence nothing that would have warranted an audio recording this time around. I did get a message from Uber saying they had attempted to call my phone- which I was unable to answer as I was on a job when they did. I promptly responded via the app to asking to get someone to make contact but 48 hours on, several in-app and twitter messages, no response other that 'someone will be in touch shortly'.

Whilst I accept it is reasonable for Uber to expect to want to protect it's brand by making sure 'safety concerns' are treated seriously, and considering the fact that Uber wants the world to believe drivers are partners, should there not be some Service Level Agreements between the company and it's 'partners' on timescales of being informed on why one has been suspended, turnaround to resolve issues & perhaps, a fair compensation for loss of earnings should it these allegations turnout to be false and malicious like my first experience?

Anyone had a similar experience where it took forever to be contacted by Uber?

127 Posts
Ya know, getting deactivated is not typically a bad thing for the vast majority of drivers who do get cut. I took myself out of the game. Someone may have just done you a huge solid.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Hi guys, any chance you can help? Been on the platform for just over a year now. Done over 3,000 trips with rating at 4.84 at the last check. Had my first suspension after a first time rider made a naively, perhaps false allegation of fear for own safety. Thank goodness I followed my 6th sense to switch on my voice recording device when pax demanded her journey shouldn't have to take 20 minutes in a car when her destination was only '6 stops on the tube from her house' - things drivers have to put up with eh? If not for the fact that I had the conversation recorded and turned it in to uber before I was allowed on the platform after 24 hours. Who knows what uber would have done if I had no audio proof on what ensued? ‍♂

However, here's the dilemma I face. Lasy Sunday, I realised my account had been suspended after about 8 trips done on the day. I still can't think of anything that may have warranted the suspension nor had I got any feedback to that effect- hence nothing that would have warranted an audio recording this time around. I did get a message from Uber saying they had attempted to call my phone- which I was unable to answer as I was on a job when they did. I promptly responded via the app to asking to get someone to make contact but 48 hours on, several in-app and twitter messages, no response other that 'someone will be in touch shortly'.

Whilst I accept it is reasonable for Uber to expect to want to protect it's brand by making sure 'safety concerns' are treated seriously, and considering the fact that Uber wants the world to believe drivers are partners, should there not be some Service Level Agreements between the company and it's 'partners' on timescales of being informed on why one has been suspended, turnaround to resolve issues & perhaps, a fair compensation for loss of earnings should it these allegations turnout to be false and malicious like my first experience?

I have had similar experiences, I am fortunate though because we have phone support. But even then it was still am ongoing investigation.

·
Premium Member
6,232 Posts
There are no such terms in the agreement which is very heavily tilted in Uber's favor. They will pull the rug out from under you, temporarily or permanently, with no remorse. In this line of work it is good to have something to fall back on. I've never heard about Uber compensating someone for lost earnings.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Reactions: SuzerainCo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I'm sorry guys for how long it's taken to give an update on this. I got caught up with life as many of us do.

Uber eventually got in touch after a further 26 hours since I posted this up here. Their reason for my suspension was as a result of a trip I accepted a few days before the account suspension. What happened on the fateful morning was that I received a trip request and proceeded to pick up the passenger. On my arrival at designated pick up location, the said passenger said they had a different vehicle information to mine, where I showed them what information I had on my app- we both agreed to cancel the request and I even ensured I asked for customer not to be charged a fee.

I left the scene only to receive another request from the same rider which I accepted, thinking what I could only put down to a technical glitch, may have been corrected. I arrived back at the same scene to be told that they still had a different vehicle information, hence another cancellation. Apparently, the rider had then reported me to Uber for attending with a different vehicle, hence the suspension.

Given that I had never had this type of experience, I never thought it would have been necessary to contact Uber to highlight the experience and perhaps the technical glitch from their side. Moreover, I had already taken 4 trips prior to this one, and went on to take nothing less than 19 more successfully that day.

Nevertheless, in the course of my conversation with the Uber representative, it transpired that Uber would stop at nothing to protect its brand first before considering anyone else, be it the riders or the partners. As some comments have suggested, Uber did not deny the possibility of technical glitches, or did they accept that was the case. They offered no apologies nor compensation either which in fact a shame. However, what I would probably take as some sort of compromise/compensation was that upon the reinstatement of my account, all I got were long haul trips which paid more within the shortest possible period. I don't think that was a coincidence as it was exactly what happened with the first experience of suspension, which then begs a different question on greyball

1 - 11 of 11 Posts