Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
You weren't hacked.

You gave them the information they needed to take control of your account.
And they never called me or sent me an email. All right within the Über app. They did text me a code within a thread of legitimate Über texts. That’s pretty convincing.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
And they never called me or sent me an email. All right within the Über app. They did text me a code within a thread of legitimate Über texts. That’s pretty convincing.
Dude, you sent them your phone number. Not a “code”. I looked at your screenshots.

Your real phone number is all they need in order to gain control of your account. You gave them that information. It’s not a hack.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Oh, for sure. Of course, it ain’t easy inspecting the fine print while driving and trying to follow a map. And, never in my seven years of driving have I received a fraudulent map and instructions from WITHIN THE ÜBER APP. View attachment 620032
You opened the message window, read their entire message, and responded. So, you weren’t “driving and watching a map with fine print”.

You typed out your phone number to them.

7 years and didn’t know why pax can’t see our phone numbers? 7 years and, oh forget it.

You weren’t hacked.

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts
Hi
Today my Uber account was hacked. He sent message that he’s from Uber support and needs your verification. So I gave him all verification codes. And later on I automatically logged out from my app. He also also changed my name and cell number. I can’t do anything right now even I can’t login to my Uber app. Any suggestions please because Uber hub will open on Monday
Yup. Kinda' reminds me of what P.T. Barnum used to say!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dude, you sent them your phone number. Not a “code”. I looked at your screenshots.

Your real phone number is all they need in order to gain control of your account. You gave them that information. It’s not a hack.
I get it, you are an incredibly smart person and I am very impressed. I apologize and I will no longer refer to bring “hacked”. So, whatever you’d like me to call it, I am merely trying to share a difficult situation with the other less intelligent drivers who might be misled by instructions from within their Über app.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
I get it, you are an incredibly smart person and I am very impressed. I apologize and I will no longer refer to bring “hacked”. So, whatever you’d like me to call it, I am merely trying to share a difficult situation with the other less intelligent drivers who might be misled by instructions from within their Über app.
Well some people learn faster than others that when a company says they will never contact you and ask for your personal information, that’s what they mean. And some people take more than seven years I guess.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well some people learn faster than others that when a company says they will never contact you and ask for your personal information, that’s what they mean. And some people take more than seven years I guess.
I know, I know. I’m so damned STUPID. I really hate myself now. Sorry I ever sought out help and understanding. But most of all I’m sorry for disappointing you. I know you’re a wise and busy person.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
I know, I know. I’m so damned STUPID. I really hate myself now. Sorry I ever sought out help and understanding. But most of all I’m sorry for disappointing you. I know you’re a wise and busy person.
I’m only disappointed because you said you were hacked. A lot of people make that claim, when what they really mean is that they gave their personal details to someone and that person took control of their account. Claiming you were hacked suggests that you take no personal responsibility. But it appears you’re starting to realize that actually it was your own fault.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
I think scammed is the word your looking for, hacked is when I get your details without providing anything

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts
Listen, don't beat yourself up about it.
Hopefully Uber can assist you regarding any diverted funds.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts