Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Today my Uber account was hacked. He sent message that he’s from Uber support and needs your verification. So I gave him all verification codes. And later on I automatically logged out from my app. He also also changed my name and cell number. I can’t do anything right now even I can’t login to my Uber app. Any suggestions please because Uber hub will open on Monday

·
Premium Member
7,296 Posts
Hi
Today my Uber account was hacked. He sent message that he’s from Uber support and needs your verification. So I gave him all verification codes. And later on I automatically logged out from my app. He also also changed my name and cell number. I can’t do anything right now even I can’t login to my Uber app. Any suggestions please because Uber hub will open on Monday
If you are sincere in what you’re saying then you fell for a scam. Uber support will never call you in the middle of a ride and ask for your info. Unfortunately they have accessed your quick pay and drained the money out. Call Uber Support but the money is already gone.

·
25,817 Posts
Today my Uber account was hacked.
Never, but NEVER but NEVER give your account information to anyone on the telephone.

Send an e-Mail to Driver "Support" immediately. They will freeze your account, if there is anything left in it.

Welcome to YouPeaDotNet.

·
Premium Member
12,634 Posts
Yes.

You got hacked because you did something very stupid.

Now if you just PM me your bank account number and password, as well as your SS # I can fix this for you by Tuesday.

• Haha
Reactions: Uber's Guber

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
I fell for this at 2AM today. Lost my account. Calling Uber Emergency Line as a rider because my number got erased out of the drivers profile. So stupid of me. The lady on the phone file a report to support.
I hope I could get the account back before they drain out the money.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Hi
Did you get your account back?

·
12,559 Posts
If you are sincere in what you’re saying then you fell for a scam. Uber support will never call you in the middle of a ride and ask for your info. Unfortunately they have accessed your quick pay and drained the money out. Call Uber Support but the money is already gone.
Sucks, you fell for an old scam. Call Uber support and see if they can block the funds, and then go to the hub on Monday and see about getting your account back
If they changed his phone number, he won't be able to call support. His number won't be registered as a driver any longer. so Uber won't recognize it. Therefore his called won't get past the automated system to support. Not to mention if he's not platinum or Diamond he has no phone support over the weekend

·
Registered
13 Posts
I too was hacked and had my drivers account stolen by someone in Cairo, Egypt. This past Sunday, 10/10/2021, I received a message WITHIN THE ÜBER APP instructing me to pick up an important Über customer service rep. I was also shown a map and pick up route within the app, and asked to verify my phone # “for security.” Then they texted a code # and told me to enter it into the Über app’s message area. I only realized it was a scam when they asked for my social security number, but by then it was too late, I couldn’t get into my driver account.
Font Screenshot Electronic device Number Event

Über was nice enough to send me emails letting me know that my password and payment info. had been updated, and acknowledging I’d started using a new device located in Cairo, Egypt. They didn’t think anything of transferring my weekend’s earnings there, since I’ve only been driving in Los Angeles for the past seven years and had never changed anything within my payment info. before.
Font Screenshot Number

This afternoon I took a shot and made the half hour drive to hour long drive down to the Über hub in Redondo Beach, CA, even though I couldn’t book an appointment. Once there, the nice guy with the clipboard said they wouldn’t take any walk-ins at all, even though there weren’t any online appointment times available FOR THIS ENTIRE WEEK. Of course, I’d only made the drive after calling and speaking with Über reps. SEVEN TIMES in the past two days. There's not a damned thing the phone support reps. can do for me, and they can't even see the reports from the previous phone reps have typed into the system. They can only type up a new report and launch it into the great Über support abyss.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
I too was hacked and had my drivers account stolen by someone in Cairo, Egypt. This past Sunday, 10/10/2021, I received a message WITHIN THE ÜBER APP instructing me to pick up an important Über customer service rep. I was also shown a map and pick up route within the app, and asked to verify my phone # “for security.” Then they texted a code # and told me to enter it into the Über app’s message area. I only realized it was a scam when they asked for my social security number, but by then it was too late, I couldn’t get into my driver account.
View attachment 619936
Über was nice enough to send me emails letting me know that my password and payment info. had been updated, and acknowledging I’d started using a new device located in Cairo, Egypt. They didn’t think anything of transferring my weekend’s earnings there, since I’ve only been driving in Los Angeles for the past seven years and had never changed anything within my payment info. before.
View attachment 619938
This afternoon I took a shot and made the half hour drive to hour long drive down to the Über hub in Redondo Beach, CA, even though I couldn’t book an appointment. Once there, the nice guy with the clipboard said they wouldn’t take any walk-ins at all, even though there weren’t any online appointment times available FOR THIS ENTIRE WEEK. Of course, I’d only made the drive after calling and speaking with Über reps. SEVEN TIMES in the past two days. There's not a damned thing the phone support reps. can do for me, and they can't even see the reports from the previous phone reps have typed into the system. They can only type up a new report and launch it into the great Über support abyss.
You weren't hacked.

You gave them the information they needed to take control of your account.

·
12,559 Posts
View attachment 619936
View attachment 619938
First red flag of many.

Font Technology Electronic device Display device Multimedia

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh, for sure. Of course, it ain’t easy inspecting the fine print while driving and trying to follow a map. And, never in my seven years of driving have I received a fraudulent map and instructions from WITHIN THE ÜBER APP.
Ecoregion Map Urban design Line Font

1 - 20 of 33 Posts