Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping that someone will be able to help me reactivate my account with UBER.

The situation is as follows, my account was deactivated due to refusal of service for a Person supposedly with a “service animal” (I say supposedly, because I believe the person was familiar with UBER’s term on service animal and upon my refusal he used it against me).
The reason I refused is due to Allergies for my newborn baby. Its the first time I have refused a service and the consequences were a deactivation of my acct.

If someone can help me with this I would highly appreciate it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope, you can get allergies if there is hair leftover from the pet. But that is not the important part. I was worried cause I am dad for the first time, and at that moment in time that was the only thing that went through my mind. But I guess the person was soulless and didn't want to understand or apprehend the situation I am in.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I am hoping that someone will be able to help me reactivate my account with UBER.

The situation is as follows, my account was deactivated due to refusal of service for a Person supposedly with a "service animal" (I say supposedly, because I believe the person was familiar with UBER's term on service animal and upon my refusal he used it against me).
The reason I refused is due to Allergies for my newborn baby. Its the first time I have refused a service and the consequences were a deactivation of my acct.

What does your baby's allergy have anything to do with you? You know it's bs, Uber knows it's bs and you're done.

I'm sick of people refusing pax like they have some sort of contagious disease. I'm glad one down and not sorry at all for you. Karma is a *****!

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Another troll account with a high interest topic.

Just use this one next time:

"Service Dogs who don't tip and the people who own them"

And in case you're not just another sock-puppet... welcome to the forums. Uber/Lyft has zero tolerance for refusing animals. You're toast.

Also, babies who are kept in an environment which is too clean often develop childhood leukemia. No joke. Toss in a few allergens and cough on the kid once in a while to strengthen the immune system.

·
Premium Member
23,298 Posts
Sorry this happened to you, but:

https://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.htm
  • Allergies and fear of dogs are not valid reasons for denying access or refusing service to people using service animals. When a person who is allergic to dog dander and a person who uses a service animal must spend time in the same room or facility, for example, in a school classroom or at a homeless shelter, they both should be accommodated by assigning them, if possible, to different locations within the room or different rooms in the facility.

·
Premium Member
23,298 Posts
What does your baby's allergy have anything to do with you? You know it's bs, Uber knows it's bs and you're done.

I'm sick of people refusing pax like they have some sort of contagious disease. I'm glad one down and not sorry at all for you. Karma is a *****!
You're just bitter there isn't a 'Service Cat' provision :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,583 Posts

The situation is as follows, my account was deactivated due to refusal of service for a Person supposedly with a "service animal" (I say supposedly, because I believe the person was familiar with UBER's term on service animal and upon my refusal he used it against me).

Some PAX don't ask. They just push their dogs in and say:

Hope you're ok with the dog?!

They know. We know. Everyone knows. The thing is, SERVICE ANIMALS are extremely RARE. I could see if every PAX had one, but I run into a service animal, EVERY 300 PAX or so. Not common, I think that's why the law is so strict.

But answer me this? Who cancelled who? Oh btw, you're missing from under the bridge.

·
Premium Member
23,298 Posts

They know. We know. Everyone knows. The thing is, SERVICE ANIMALS are extremely RARE. I could see if every PAX had one, but I run into a service animal, EVERY 300 PAX or so. Not common, I think that's why the law is so strict.

But answer me this? Who cancelled who? Oh btw, you're missing from under the bridge.
6k trips, not one single Service Animal...not a one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

wow you are very helpful and as I can see understanding as well! Good luck to you in Life

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

after I told the customer my story, i see that he didn't cancel, so I did

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
First off I like dogs more than people but I hate the abuse of the service animal thing. If you really need it of course, but I'm guessing it's one out of ten that do. And as usual if you're rich it's easy to get that service animal paperwork. In one of our movies we hired a trained dog for a couple of days, (sadly it was our best actor) and the trainer said that they have the service animal designation for all their animals so they can go about anywhere cheaply. It came up because someone was bumped off the flight to accommodate her dog. Doesn't help you Spooky but I sympathize.

I had a dog in my van one night and one of the next passengers started gagging and coughing and his wife is screaming "did you have a dog in here". luckily they just said pull over here and they got out. I have no idea what we do in that situation and how responsible we are. I do know that we will definitely be independent contractors.

·
Premium Member
23,298 Posts
I had a girl with a chihuahua on her shoulder during the entire trip. I almost didn't notice it at all. I have a new, clean, canvas tarp in my trunk which I will lay down should I ever get another animal. Shoulder dogs don't require tarps.
I've had 3 or 4 dogs in my driving tenure, just never had anyone with a Service Animal.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I've had 3 or 4 dogs in my driving tenure, just never had anyone with a Service Animal.
I have only done 4k trips but have had at least a dozen dogs.
None of them service animals of course.
Not even worth questioning it.
The scum who abuse the service animal laws are 10 times worse than the able bodied people who park in the handicap.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.