Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Premium Member
26,819 Posts
You can choose to use lube if you want....
That must be a new policy; it used to be that if you tried even to bring your own, Uber took it away from you. Did Dara announce this in his recent podcast, or did Fubar start this as part of its "One-Hundred-Eighty-Days-Of-Nothing-Changed-But-The-Window-Dressing"?

They do give you the choice of lube or to go raw
Same question...............

· Premium Member
13,449 Posts
That must be a new policy; it used to be that if you tried even to bring your own, Uber took it away from you. Did Dara announce this in his recent podcast, or did Fubar start this as part of its "One-Hundred-Eighty-Days-Of-Nothing-Changed-But-The-Window-Dressing"?

Same question...............
I got a message from Uber and they allowed me to select a smiley face to express my satisfaction.

· Premium Member
6,436 Posts
This is why in certain threads, the topics LongHaul™, Shirlington Shuffle®, etc. Are commonly mentioned.

I thought it was common knowledge now that the 25% is out the window and on par with a big foot sighting
To us. Most people don't even know what Upfront Pricing™ is.

I don't think about it anymore. I just drove for the chump change. It pays the bills. Unless we can all somehow stage a coup.

· Premium Member
9,891 Posts
Uber swipes 35-80% on most every ride.

Uber Eats charges customers $4.99 (more if during so-called busy periods).

Uber Eats charges restaurants 30-35% commission.

Eats drivers receive a measly $1.20 per mile, $2.86 pickup fee, and $1.12 dropoff fee, or a pathetic $3.97 minimum payout if the mileage is very low. (No minimum payout for additional orders from the same restaurant.)

When drivers pickup 2 or more orders from the same restaurant, Uber steals the additional $2.86 fees from the additional orders, DESPITE the fact they're charging ALL customers the full $4.99 delivery fee.

It's not unusual for drivers to be paid less than $2 for each additional order from the same restaurant.

Put all this together, and you can see Uber is making a PROFIT on their North American rideshare and Eats businesses.

Don't believe their lies about their "losses".

Their losses are coming from the huge money they're spending on SDCs and some of their overseas boondoggles such as China.

They're making profit off of us and squandering it on SDCs and other bullshit, yet they've been successful at convincing the media and the public that their "losses" are due to charging the pax too little and paying their overpaid drivers too much.

I did a long trip yesterday. Four self-entitled, middle-aged housewives trapped in the mindset of an abnoxious teenager. Fare was $75. Uber pockets $38 and tosses me $37.

My car, gas, insurance, time, and sanity, yet Uber manages to take more doing practically nothing.
"tosses me $37" lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.