Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my cancellation rate is 70% (I'm no sucker). They deactivated my account and had me fill out some "yes i understand" page to regain access (still not activated, just filled out page). Has this happened to anybody else? I thought they couldn't suspend us because we're Indy contractors?

·
Premium Member
3,781 Posts
Just because we are an independent (sub)contractor does not give us free reign to damage the Company name and customer service standards by excessive cancellations. By accepting the trip we enter into an agreement with the Company to perform the requested service.

That is why there is no termination for nonacceptance anymore. If we do not accept we do not enter into a contract for carriage.

With that being said, I have not seen in writing from Uber as to what the acceptable threshold for cancellations is.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Even if u don't accept a ride/ let a ping time out, that will STILL make your cancellation rate go up. I'm not about to get punked by Uber. I'm Not taking pools in certain areas or at certain times, and I'm not driving 10 minutes to pick up a ping. They need to have a prompt asking if you are accepting pool rides at the time when u log on

·
Registered
45 Posts
So my cancellation rate is 70% (I'm no sucker). They deactivated my account and had me fill out some "yes i understand" page to regain access (still not activated, just filled out page). Has this happened to anybody else? I thought they couldn't suspend us because we're Indy contractors?
Your acceptance is at 70% or the Cancellation rate ? These are two different things.

·
Registered
605 Posts
The real question is why is your cancellation rate so high?

IDK if it was a glitch or beta update but had a cancellation rate that high before.

I was testing UberX only profitability and I kept getting auto signed up for stacked pings without me hitting the circle.

That said it could have been a know glitch because I was not deactivated nor did I receive a nasty-gram email from Uber CSR.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Racking up those no show fees no doubt. They actually want you to, you know, drive passengers. In order to get to 70% exactly, you had to have done at least 10 trips and cancelled 7 or 20th trips and cancelled 14. If you dont see how thats wrong, then you probably should be permanently deactivated.

If you don't want to take a trip, dont accept it.

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
No show cancellations show in your percentage but are most likely handled differently behind the scenes. No shows after waiting 5 minutes the drivers can't control. Cancels after accepting constantly is cherry picking and the driver should be warned and suspended if it keeps happening.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Even if u don't accept a ride/ let a ping time out, that will STILL make your cancellation rate go up. I'm not about to get punked by Uber. I'm Not taking pools in certain areas or at certain times, and I'm not driving 10 minutes to pick up a ping. They need to have a prompt asking if you are accepting pool rides at the time when u log on
No it won't, there is the cancelation rate which is affected only if you CANCEL a request after you have accepted, and there is the acceptance rate which is affected if you receive a request and let it time out or click the no thanks button.

Now your boss can deactivate you for canceling requests, but not for letting them time out...

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
No show cancellations show in your percentage but are most likely handled differently behind the scenes. No shows after waiting 5 minutes the drivers can't control. Cancels after accepting constantly is cherry picking and the driver should be warned and suspended if it keeps happening.
Its within their control if its 70% of their trips. Good chance that the driver is scamming pax to get no show fee without having to pick pax up. No way someone gets 70% without doing it intentionally.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
100% untrue. I would say you were deactivated because you have no idea what you're doing. Uber isn't punking you, you punked yourself. If you let it ping out, it affects your acceptance rate but not your cancellation rate.

Ignore all the pool rides you want. When you accept and then cancel, that hurts Uber's customer service, and they are right to deactivate you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Trust me. No reason to lie. I'm not out here tryna scam for 4 dollar no show fees. Whenever I don't accept a trip my cancellation rate goes up and its been that way. Even with the new "no thanks" button, when i hit that my cancellation rate goes up. Been doin this 3 years now.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Trust me. No reason to lie. I'm not out here tryna scam for 4 dollar no show fees. Whenever I don't accept a trip my cancellation rate goes up and its been that way. Even with the new "no thanks" button, when i hit that my cancellation rate goes up. Been doin this 3 years now.
I don't think you're lying, I think you're mistaken.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Your account has been glitches for 3 years because that never happens on my account in the last 18 months

·
Premium Member
3,781 Posts
I'm lying to a room full of strangers. Oooootay. Anyway, I'll be at the office 2mro to get this sh!t handled. I thought this was a normal thing
Nobody has stated you were lying. It is obvious that no one who has commented on this thread has encounteded where nonacceptances have posted to their cancellation side of the register.

How long has this been happening?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts