Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Read Only
139 Posts
I find Roadies to be great little side-gigs. I do mystery shopping and every now and then there are gigs that are out of the area into the hinterland of South Texas. The mystery shop is usually an all-day proposition (I just have to get there before they close usually) so I will turn on the Roadie and see if there are any pick-ups going that way. Best Buy uses them a lot and there are no other Best Buy stores between San Antonio and the Valley so I'm in the sweet spot for that big old swath of land between SA and McAllen (outside of Laredo). Not unusual to see a $40 delivery leaving out of BB.

What I don't get is that if you're delivering for Home Depot or AutoZone, I get that the carpenter or mechanic might be waiting for the items you're delivering. Best Buy and you're delivering an I-Phone? It seems like the "must be done by 8:44 AM" is just arbitrary.

· Premium Member
Recovering Longhauler
29,705 Posts
Yeah, it's only reasonable to consider if you are already going that way
That's how they used to justify the shit pay: "you're already going that way so we don't even give you gas money".

**** Roadie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts