Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You ever drove to pick a pax up and once you take a quick look at them, you're like 'nah, not today' based on appearance and just drive away? I'm doing that more lol. I usually get a new ping every other minute so I'm cool with doing that.

Nothing against Asians, but if it is an Asian male that look under 35 years old, I don't pick them up because I noticed in my city, for some reason, they tend to shut the doors harder than other people. I only pick up old Asian people and Asian females. I don't pick up people that look trashy too.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
You ever drove to pick a pax up and once you take a quick look at them, you're like 'nah, not today' based on appearance and just drive away? I'm doing that more lol. I usually get a new ping every other minute so I'm cool with doing that.

Nothing against Asians, but if it is an Asian male that look under 35 years old, I don't pick them up because I noticed in my city, for some reason, they tend to shut the doors harder than other people. I only pick up old Asian people and Asian females. I don't pick up people that look trashy too.
I dont pick up people who think i may be privileged

·
Premium Member
10,502 Posts
You're gonna play the I'm-Offended-Over-Nothing troll? I have nothing against ANYONE. I just hate door slammers and Asian males tend to slam my door more for no reason.
Yup, I went there. So lets play offended scientist for the minute. How many young Asian male door slammers do you have vs. nonslammers. Old Asian males vs. non slammers, distribution by age, your accuracy in determining age. Door slammers vs. nondoor slammers and how do you define door slamming, ....
If you want to make a sweeping statement about the scourge of young Asian male door slammers, an epidemic taking over North America you need a little more than just your ignorant remembrance of experience.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Every morning I wake up and see my wife.
Here's my scary wake up moment story. My bed used to be next to a wall. My (ex)wife decided to put a huge wall sized mirror on the wall next to where I sleep without telling me. I went to bed at night without turning on lights. Imagine my scare when I woke up and saw an ugly man lying in bed next to me!

·
Premium Member
70,429 Posts

Intimidated by Young Virile Asians ?

are you seriously asking this or just playing racist troll?
Here's my scary wake up moment story. My bed used to be next to a wall. My (ex)wife decided to put a huge wall sized mirror on the wall next to where I sleep without telling me. I went to bed at night without turning on lights. Imagine my scare when I woke up and saw an ugly man lying in bed next to me!
She was trying to . . . explain . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Yup, I went there. So lets play offended scientist for the minute. How many young Asian male door slammers do you have vs. nonslammers. Old Asian males vs. non slammers, distribution by age, your accuracy in determining age. Door slammers vs. nondoor slammers and how do you define door slamming, ....
If you want to make a sweeping statement about the scourge of young Asian male door slammers, an epidemic taking over North America you need a little more than just your ignorant remembrance of experience.
Yup, you went there. Let's play simple logic for a second. 25% of my paxs are Asians because my city is diverse and I would say 3-4 out of 5 shut my door hard for no reason. End of story. It is based on simple experiences over and over again. You should just drive instead of playing statistician and psychologist because you are not smart enough or else you wouldn't be driving for Uber for minimum wage.

If there was a way to not pick up any dudes or females that slam my door I would.

Intimidated by Young Virile Asians ?
Yup, I'm jealous and angry at men my own age. You seem middle age, you should be the one intimidated by young males

Reported for race baiting
You should report yourself for being a low-IQ crybaby

·
Banned
11,812 Posts
So...are you saying this is...

Good...Bad...confusing...scary...???

Rakos

PS. Relief..Thank God she didn't leave...8O
It's The Good The Bad and The Ugly. It'll be 35 years on Dec 16th, and we dated two years prior in high school. Imagine eating the same filet mignon every night for 37 years. Wouldn't a 10 piece chicken nugget sound delicious?

·
Premium Member
15,889 Posts
picture is worth a thousand words, isn't it?

Reactions: Rakos

·
Banned
11,812 Posts
Nothing against Asians, but if it is an Asian male that look under 35 years old, I don't pick them up because I noticed in my city, for some reason, they tend to shut the doors harder than other people..
So I take it that Kim Jong-un fits into your slamming door category? Well that's a relief because many people around here think that he's a better fit for the starting a nuclear war category.

·
Premium Member
10,502 Posts
Yup, you went there. Let's play simple logic for a second. 25% of my paxs are Asians because my city is diverse and I would say 3-4 out of 5 shut my door hard for no reason. End of story. It is based on simple experiences over and over again. You should just drive instead of playing statistician and psychologist because you are not smart enough or else you wouldn't be driving for Uber for minimum wage.
I'm sorry that you didn't understand what I'm saying so let me try to spell it out for you. What you think of as your simple experience is not necessarily accurate. People's impressions of what happened over time and the actual data are frequently at odds with each other because our memories are faulty, biased over time and for other reasons and subject to being influenced by other factors. So without some meaningful actual data collection I would not accept your perception as a reality that I would care to entertain. Also, if in fact it's happened to you, the question then becomes is it a statistical anomaly or are you doing something to make it happen.

Whatever the case, while I may be stupid, I do have an advanced degree and a few journal and conference proceeding publications that would seem to lend some credence to my qualifications at understanding experimental design and human performance. I think I do have some abilities at distinguishing when someone is engaging in racism, here's a deinition if you care to see if you match: "the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races."

·
Premium Member
7,548 Posts
You're gonna play the I'm-Offended-Over-Nothing troll? I have nothing against ANYONE. I just hate door slammers and Asian males tend to slam my door more for no reason.
Have you done a peer reviewed study? Is it published in a well-known journal?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.