Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know what type of pax i hate the most? Pax who are in the service industry (waiters,bartenders, and even taxi drivers)

That dont tip. Like seriosuly? And when they dont get tips in their own jobs they complain.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and also the pax who is going from and to the airport , where you help them put their 50 pound luggage in and out the car and all you get in return is a thank you.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
The type that give you turn by turn directions when you obviously are going the same route following GPS.

The type that argue with their boyfriend on the phone.

The type that think you are a ****ing taxi.

The nosy type that ask's you a a hundred questions.

The type that get's defensive when you ask them "where you headed?" when there isn't a drop off set in the app.

Reactions: KGB7 and DocT

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Interesting about service industry employees. I usually have a better chance of tips with them than any other pax. Picking up or dropping off in affluent neighborhoods worst for tips.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You know what type of pax i hate the most? Pax who are in the service industry (waiters,bartenders, and even taxi drivers)

That dont tip. Like seriosuly? And when they dont get tips in their own jobs they complain.
I would venture to guess that most service industry people, mindful of their karma, do tip. I certainly do--20% for servers and other cabbies, even if the service is just so-so.

Granted, 20% doesn't amount to much when it comes to cheap-ass Uber fares, but then I never ride Uber anyway.

·
Premium Member
26,816 Posts
(even taxi drivers) That dont tip. when they dont get tips they complain.
This cab driver has taken exactly one UberX trip. The guy was pretty good, so he got a fin on a fourteen dollar ride for which I paid nine (Five dollars off a first ride). He got his five stars, as well.

I will complain about no tip if I schlepp anything (see quoted poster below). In some cases, I know not to schlepp. It is out of the trunk and onto the kerb, or, if loading, you bring the stuff to the kerb and I put it into the trunk. I suspect that many here know what those cases are. Another thing that I really hate, as a hacker is when I get a flat on a credit card. In that case, I get less than my full, legal fare. I know, in the grand scheme of things, it is not that much money, but if the passenger is a cheapskate, I want every penny out of him to which I am legally entitled.

Of course, now we have regulations here that prohibit us from complaining about not getting a tip, be it deserved or not. The Taxicab Commission has put into effect more than a few regulations that trample more than a few of our Constitutional, Legislated and Common Law Rights. What do you expect from a City run by Nanny State Liberals who are Ready For Hillary that keep getting voted in by sheep who vote as they are told?

you help them put their 50 pound luggage in and out the car and all you get in return is a thank you.
More than a few times I do not even get the "thank you". In some cases, you can tell when you are not getting anything, so they can bring it to the kerb and I will put it into the trunk, Upon arrival it comes out of the trunk and onto the kerb. If they ask me to schlepp it any further, it is "me sorry, eet no my yobb".

Pax that smells like they just had a skunk sandwich with garlic .
......and the next passenger who complains that your car smells from it. This despite your spraying half a can of GLADE (@) after the smelly passenger got out.

The type that get's defensive when you ask them "where you headed?" when there isn't a drop off set in the app.
Sir, if I could read minds and predict the future, I would not be driving this cab. If I were not at home on my porch drinking something cool and puffing on a stogie, I would be lying on the beach near Porto Vecchio doing that. Either that or in a café in La Citadella. Then, there is the possibility of riding a bicycle around Porto Vecchio or Cividale del Friuli.

·
Banned
919 Posts

You are so ****ing wrong on this. I would say we'll over 50% in the service industry will tip you. They are my favorite class of people. They are mostly young and are our only hope in Travis' world where we get a tip, a generous one at that.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You are so ****ing wrong on this. I would say we'll over 50% in the service industry will tip you. They are my favorite class of people. They are mostly young and are our only hope in Travis' world where we get a tip, a generous one at that.
How am I so ****ing wrong? I think you misunderstoid my post. I dont like pax who are in the service industry that dont tip which does not correlate to what you said about 50 percent of them do tip. I guess u can say i dont like the other 50 percent

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now your reply woule be viable if I said i hated all pax who are in the service industry but i was not saying that. I was just pointiny out the ones that DONT TIP.

·
Banned
919 Posts
Now your reply woule be viable if I said i hated all pax who are in the service industry but i was not saying that. I was just pointiny out the ones that DONT TIP.
I think if you didn't break up your sentence, I would have understood it better. For those that don't tip you, always make sure you found out what restaurant or bar they work and go in there and request them. Leave cash for the food and put on napkin, "5 star for tip. Next time, tip your Uber driver."

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
T
I think if you didn't break up your sentence, I would have understood it better. For those that don't tip you, always make sure you found out what restaurant or bar they work and go in there and request them. Leave cash for the food and put on napkin, "5 star for tip. Next time, tip your Uber driver."
thats actually a good idea

1 - 15 of 15 Posts