Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Premium Member
8,789 Posts
If all drivers bycott Uber have to listen but we know many greedy drivers will be online and Uber don't gonna give a ***
I admire your optimism.

I suggest you pay UPHD double their monthly subs.

With a high percentage of Uber drivers likely to have a degree of financial vulnerability I can't see many turning the app off
A high % of Uber drivers don't care what the idiots in UPHD say or do.

They are irrelevant

· Premium Member
96 Posts
I guess Drivers’s can do this but not so many knows about it. There’s need to be message all across the board. I guess only 5% might know about this strike and rest even don’t know. And out of those 5% most even don’t work at that time so it will not make difference. It should be on tv and radio so all drivers knows and take a day off etc. But who have money to advertise like that

· Premium Member
168 Posts
If all drivers bycott Uber have to listen but we know many greedy drivers will be online and Uber don't gonna give a ***
what u don't realise is how working at a local minicab office is like, or even a large one for that matter... at Uber we got a luxury of getting jobs on follow on within a mile or two of a drop off, as a result, my mileage is less then half I would do working at my former minicab office job + I can work around my family life or whatever, and working half the hours i make just as much money but with lower costs
what do u want from uber, they give us so much, what do u mean higher rates, they have to maintain competitiveness in a tough market, it's about fairness not demanding what u believe to be better, better than what, or who, who will pay these rates you talk about

I admire your optimism.

I suggest you pay UPHD double their monthly subs.

A high % of Uber drivers don't care what the idiots in UPHD say or do.

They are irrelevant
UPHD has got to get off interfering with us an Uber

· Registered
1,159 Posts
So Uber has had the same business plan since 2010...

Oh yeah driverless taxis.....

It's too late folks......

If drivers build up a company who have openly stated there main aim is to go driverless whos fault is that then.

As regards this protest what are we protesting about this time, I am bored of them and as always it doesn't reach out to 95% of people/drivers as a result I couldn't care what Uber do anymore, TFL are just as bad and so are the majority of PH Companies who were trying to screw drivers a long time before Uber.

I'm not protesting by taking time off anymore it is what it is and there isn't anything I could do to make a difference in this era.

Uber doesn't force any of us to work for them, if you are poor and blame Uber you would be poor without them as well.

· Premium Member
794 Posts
I guess Drivers's can do this but not so many knows about it. There's need to be message all across the board. I guess only 5% might know about this strike and rest even don't know. And out of those 5% most even don't work at that time so it will not make difference. It should be on tv and radio so all drivers knows and take a day off etc. But who have money to advertise like that
U r right most of drivers gonna busy dropping cheapos on strike day that's exactly happen on 8th April driver carry on central London and paid congestion charge from thier pocket and when Uber see it they think let them work like a slave

· Premium Member
8,789 Posts
In reality a one day strike won't even be a blip on uber's Radar. Especially with all the scabs that will continue to drive thinking that they'll make a killing.
A one day strike starting after the morning rush and finishing before the evening rush?

Yeah that will show Uber.....

it will never happen ... The irony of Uber drivers striking because of greed when a quite a few will be waiting for surge to kick in before they cross the picket line lol
There is no picket line.

UPHD are not even a proper Union.

· Premium Member
2,558 Posts
Drivers for ride-hailing services Uber and Lyft are planning to turn off their apps Wednesday to protest low wages and other gripes.

The strike comes just two days ahead of Uber's IPO, which is expected to be the largest among new tech stock debuts this year with an expected valuation of $80.53 billion to $91.51 billionon a fully diluted basis.

Drivers argue the road to both companies' IPOs has been carried on the backs of workers whom Uber and Lyft have insisted for years are merely contractors. The debate is now reaching a boiling point as founders from both companies are set to get rich while drivers say they still aren't paid enough while being denied access to full-employee benefits.

· Premium Member
168 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.