Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, picked up two young ladies Friday night bar crowd and take them home. I thought. I start the trip and the destination is the practically the same as the starting point. I say something to them, and I'm thinking they are just too drunk to put their home address in. They say "oh it's ok just start driving." I'm thinking like what?? They start giving me directions and I point out again the gps is telling me to go back in the opposite direction. Again they say "it's ok we're just getting a different perspective." WTF does that mean?? Now I'm starting to have a mild panic attack. I'm thinking at any minute we're going to end up in a remote spot and they are going to pull out a gun and either rob me or force me into a threesome. So turns out i take them home and nothing happened. Trying to understand their motivation...either a) too drunk to enter their address or b) trying to fool Uber into only charging them for going two doors down (NOT!) or c) conceal their address from my Uber record so this old horn dog won't later harass them????? Definitely a first.

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
Ok, picked up two young ladies Friday night bar crowd and take them home. I thought. I start the trip and the destination is the practically the same as the starting point. I say something to them, and I'm thinking they are just too drunk to put their home address in. They say "oh it's ok just start driving." I'm thinking like what?? They start giving me directions and I point out again the gps is telling me to go back in the opposite direction. Again they say "it's ok we're just getting a different perspective." WTF does that mean?? Now I'm starting to have a mild panic attack. I'm thinking at any minute we're going to end up in a remote spot and they are going to pull out a gun and either rob me or force me into a threesome. So turns out i take them home and nothing happened. Trying to understand their motivation...either a) too drunk to enter their address or b) trying to fool Uber into only charging them for going two doors down (NOT!) or c) conceal their address from my Uber record so this old horn dog won't later harass them????? Definitely a first.
Eh.. it happens. Most of the time they screw it up when requesting the ride and in their buzzed/drunk mind it's easier for them to just give directions than an address. It's fairly common.

Way back in the olden days. 2015-mid 2016, a destination wasn't required when ordering. At times it was like pulling teeth to get an address.

Best thing to do it just pull over and ask for an address, tell them uber requires you to update...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts