Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here's a simple map of LVCC. Can someone download and mark the map with the official drop locations and upload it? I have no idea where Rear Door 9 or S2 Plaza are...I know Silver Lot 3. It would be helpful for everyone. Thanks. (Or PM me with the locations referring to this map and I'll do it and reupload)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,251 Posts
LV Convention Center - "Pack Convention" - Mon thru Wed - 45K attending

Sands Convention Center - "G2E" - Tues thru Thurs - 26K attending
Hey Grandpa, just want to thank you for being so helpful.

Good to see drivers helping out their fellow drivers.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Is the LV Convention center operated by Clark County or Las Vegas? Wonder if there will be any hard feelings towards what went down at their license meeting.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Door 9 is were the blue lot is, 90% sure s2 is red lot both are in the back and your customer should have a badge if they want to go through there. If you can drop off at the Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel it's a short walk to the south hall just be carefull about the taxidrivers that like to stage there

·
Registered
170 Posts
Grandpa, I was the one who posted that information about the Clark County employee who told me they hadn't yet started ticketing at LVCC but planned to start. That said, i've dropped off there plenty of times since then and haven't had any issues. Until Uber tells us NOT to do it, I assume they would pay any resulting tickets, so I'm just going about business as usual there.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tim, no biggie. If you Google, you'll see the LVCC is owned by the Convention and Visitors Authority and not the County. The LVCVA is its own entity.
Uber likes to "stretch the boundaries" whereas Lyft plays by the rules. So I asked Lyft (FYI -their app won't let pax set McCarran as a destination). They sent me this link. You'll see airports are forbidden but LVCC is ok https://www.lyft.com/cities/las-vegas

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did a good few pickups and drops off at the convention center today, got shouted at a lot by the staff and given the finger by a lot by cabbies. Just make sure you drop off in the regular drop off area (like where non paid drivers would drop off) and keep away from the cabs. I found the easiest place to drop off and pick up was right by the north drop off which is on the left immediately as you enter the north entrance. It's weird I've not had any problem with cabs anywhere but the convention center today, they were straight up angry at me.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Got a huge surge from Convention Center to Bellagio. Best part? My pax walked to a motel not far away so my in/out was super quick. $43! I will be parked there tomorrow at 4pm.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
The traffic to get to Silver Lot 3 was really bad. Signs were there for Tech pickup or something. Got a nice surge in the afternoon. The east side pickup area was empty and no traffic, wish Pax would use that one.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts