Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in San Diego, I got a request for LAX. I just turned it down because I am not permitted to operate on LAX grounds. I know we used to be able to do drop offs, but people on this board have said without the permit you can do neither drop offs or pickups, along with some other literature online I found. I also have a prior commitment at 6pm, which would have given me around 5 hours to complete the round trip, which is cutting it close with the rain and Friday gridlock.

Am I crazy? Or did I do something sensible for once? This is on Select btw $2+ per mile.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I am in San Diego, I got a request for LAX. I just turned it down because I am not permitted to operate on LAX grounds. I know we used to be able to do drop offs, but people on this board have said without the permit you can do neither drop offs or pickups, along with some other literature online I found. I also have a prior commitment at 6pm, which would have given me around 5 hours to complete the round trip, which is cutting it close with the rain and Friday gridlock.

Am I crazy? Or did I do something sensible for once?
You made the right decision

·
Banned
3,872 Posts
No offense but I don't understand your post. You turned the trip down for 2 reasons, one administrative and one scheduling. Did you post here so people would come in here and say what a bad move that was? You made the best decision for you so that's the right decision.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No offense but I don't understand your post. You turned the trip down for 2 reasons, one administrative and one scheduling. Did you post here so people would come in here and say what a bad move that was. You made the best decision for you so that's the right decision.
None taken, valid point. It would have been the second longest fare I have had on Uber ever, I would have skyrocketed past my daily goal with it, so I feel a little bit like I missed an opportunity. Checking decisions like this with other drivers can give me perspective to know whether or not I made a decent decision.

·
Registered
174 Posts
With all those miles on the car and the dead-miling back it's much less than 40/hr. Right decision for me.

Am I crazy? Or did I do something sensible for once? This is on Select btw $2+ per mile.
it was prolly a sting anyways

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
With all those miles on the car and the dead-miling back it's much less than 40/hr. Right decision for me.
Including dead miles, it would be 200 miles for $200. Its not great but it isn't bad considering how bad uber is right now.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts

Ya it's technically not legal to do a drop but they don't watch it much like they do pick ups at rideshare signs.

I would have no problem dropping off without a permit, just make sure someone is in front seat and no phone in mount.

At 10 am I would do that on select, but not in the afternoon with a storm coming. I think you made a good decision

1 - 20 of 41 Posts