Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys keep crying and complaining ! Nothing will happen!! Is time to strike ! Everyday during busy hours turn your app off and see what s gonna happen.!! And this what scares Uber the most.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I was speaking in general to everyone cause if you see an area getting busy if everybody has there app on the surge is going to go down. nobody know how to work the surge
So what's the plan? Tell drivers to go offline during busy hours so you can scoop up the rides for more money? If you really wanted to organize a protest/strike you'd need the support of a very large majority of drivers to do this at a very specific time and actually stick to it.

Truth is that we're working in competition with each other so I don't know how likely that is to happen. Other drives going offline directly benefits the ones who stay on.

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
So what's the plan? Tell drivers to go offline during busy hours so you can scoop up the rides for more money? If you really wanted to organize a protest/strike you'd need the support of a very large majority of drivers to do this at a very specific time and actually stick to it.

Truth is that we're working in competition with each other so I don't know how likely that is to happen. Other drives going offline directly benefits the ones who stay on.
I was saying about the surge let it build but you right if alot of uber driver dont do it not going to work.i would say let it get to 2.0 then turn on and get the surge our if you see the going down turn on so you can get the surge

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
you tube tnc my life this guy will teach people how to work surge he is a uber driver that show the best way to work the surge

·
Registered
275 Posts
you tube tnc my life this guy will teach people how to work surge he is a uber driver that show the best way to work the surge
That stuff doesn't work all the time or in every market. I've skipped 30/40 pings and still couldn't get a surge or if the surge hits everyone stops pinging. UberX riders are cheap because the service is made for cheap people (and believe me I understand their mentality; why would you take a surge trip when you can wait 5 minutes and get a flat rate?)

However, I see huge surges in this area for black/vip/suv. Clearly i'm driving for the wrong stuff in north jersey.

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
That stuff doesn't work all the time or in every market. I've skipped 30/40 pings and still couldn't get a surge or if the surge hits everyone stops pinging. UberX riders are cheap because the service is made for cheap people (and believe me I understand their mentality; why would you take a surge trip when you can wait 5 minutes and get a flat rate?)

However, I see huge surges in this area for black/vip/suv. Clearly i'm driving for the wrong stuff in north jersey.
Well I've notice I was sitting in a 2.8 and did not get a ping to.The reason I like the video is cause it work a few times for me.I just started it you have to be in a market that surges

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
Well I've notice I was sitting in a 2.8 and did not get a ping to.The reason I like the video is cause it work a few times for me.I just started it you have to be in a market that surges
If I'm sitting in a surge area there no way I'm picking up a none surge I would rather sit there in till the surge ends.I can always get non surge ping

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
the only way drivers will turn off their app in mass is when the inevitable happens: they go out of business because their car breaks down. then they will be replaced by the next sucker. and then when self driving cars are here, all the bankrupted uber drivers who have no cars and money can use uber to get to the welfare lines. be sure to use your free $5 ride coupon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You're ******ed if you think I'm not going to drive when it's surging. Thats pretty much the only time I do drive.
That's why uber will win and drivers will loose!! Every "strike" or labor action in history has required short term pain/ sacrifice for LONG term gain. You can have a great night if most of the drivers go offline during busy hours and you don't, but then rates will NEVER change (they might keep going lower), and you will loose in the long run. Just plain old common sense.
Short term pain=long term gain. Look at the big picture.

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
They will always lower rates cause driver will continue to drive.They complain then go out there and drive.Ever look at the riders app during non peak times there thousands of cars out there.I drive only peak times and regular rates is not worth it that why I brought up surge pricing only drive during them time I drive for lyft cause of the tipping option so I can always make more money and do less rides

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Turn off your app perminantly. If you want to drive people around for money, get on with a taxi or limo company.

You'll be a lot happier. Notice that the taxi and limo drivers on this forum aren't crying about their low rates?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Turn off your app perminantly. If you want to drive people around for money, get on with a taxi or limo company.

You'll be a lot happier. Notice that the taxi and limo drivers on this forum aren't crying about their low rates?
I look at Uber as entry level. The whole idea of just turning the app off when you're fed up is nice. I can work for 2-3 hours and just say **** it i'm going home. Definitely gives you a feel for whether you like this work or not.

Beyond that I don't know why you wouldn't try to make the switch to limo after a few months.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts