Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep hearing Uber is loosing money just turn up the surge Uber and make a profit and lyft will have to up ther surge also simple as that

·
Registered
154 Posts
Wtf are you talking about? if Uber turned on surge arbitrarily, that is independent to Lyft turning on surge. From a business perspective, customers would flock to lyft (if they had both apps installed) and there would be absolutely no reason for Lyft to mimic Uber's decision in full.

But again, wtf are you talking about?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uber is always reporting losses they should turn up the surge so they can make a profit and 90% of drivers now here in the bay drive for both platforms so if one is surging a lot more a smart driver will turn off the app that is not surging which would cause a shortage of drivers for that app which would create a surge but then again drivers being smart is a whole different thread I'm just saying

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I keep hearing Uber is loosing money just turn up the surge Uber and make a profit and lyft will have to up ther surge also simple as that
Too much surge = we lose riders (both on Lyft & Fuber). Or they'll just wait until it goes down.

I drive for both, and the riders are mostly all the same. They all tell me "I'll ride with whoever is lower priced and if both are surging, I'll wait it out to see who gets lower priced first".

---------------------

FUBER or Lyft = Raising prices, and getting more drivers driving for them = would be the answer.

If FUBER was $1.50 per mile but had most of the drivers driving for them, Lyft would have a "driver shortage", that would cause a constant surge and long rider wait times. We know riders don't like surge, so more will begin to switch to FUBER, where they know it's a constant $1.50 per mile.

So a rider would have a choice: FUBER $1.50 per mile (no surge/fast quality rides) OR Lyft: $.75 per mile (possible surge/long wait times/less drivers/lower quality drivers & cars).

·
Banned
4,825 Posts
A supply of driver shortage. Like a supply of not having something. I mean a supply of no soup. What is a supply of driver shortage? Does he just mean a driver shortage?

Reactions: Yomann

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Wtf are you talking about? if Uber turned on surge arbitrarily, that is independent to Lyft turning on surge. From a business perspective, customers would flock to lyft (if they had both apps installed) and there would be absolutely no reason for Lyft to mimic Uber's decision in full.

But again, wtf are you talking about?
ROFL!!! Halarious!!!

A supply of driver shortage. Like a supply of not having something. I mean a supply of no soup. What is a supply of driver shortage? Does he just mean a driver shortage?
I think he means that the supply of a shortage is bad, and if they supply more of a shortage, then it will be better for that supply....

·
Banned
4,825 Posts
ROFL!!! Halarious!!!

I think he means that the supply of a shortage is bad, and if they supply more of a shortage, then it will be better for that supply....
But how do you supply a shortage (even if it would be bad if you could do it, how would you do it). It's like "to drink a cat". The verb and noun just aren't compatible. Well, you could possibly make a cat drinkable, but one could argue that wouldn't be a cat anymore, but the sentence could still make sense if you agreed it is still a cat. And so I could make a better analogy sentence, but I like "to drink a cat" so hopefully no one is too pedantic to get the point. A point that doesn't matter, but I'm so pedantic I have to take issue with this "supplying a shortage". It's like the Uber support message that said "we are taking every precaution to make sure an investigation is done". One takes precautions to prevent things from happening. If you want an investigation, you just do an investigation, or take precautions against an investigation happening. Or did they mean they were taking precautions against an investigation not-happening? I'm just here to protect English. It's my link to the other monkeys, so it must be defended. Maybe this person has been with Uber too long and it's deteriorating their English.

But maybe Shortage is like the noun Hole. You can make a hole, but there is no actual thing and you're actually diminishing something, supplying a shortage of a material to make the hole. But I don't think that's what "supplying a shortage" is doing. Did anyone read this far. I'm not sorry. No one made you.

Reactions: Sacto Burbs

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
But how do you supply a shortage (even if it would be bad if you could do it, how would you do it). It's like "to drink a cat". The verb and noun just aren't compatible. Well, you could possibly make a cat drinkable, but one could argue that wouldn't be a cat anymore, but the sentence could still make sense if you agreed it is still a cat. And so I could make a better analogy sentence, but I like "to drink a cat" so hopefully no one is too pedantic to get the point. A point that doesn't matter, but I'm so pedantic I have to take issue with this "supplying a shortage". It's like the Uber support message that said "we are taking every precaution to make sure an investigation is done". One takes precautions to prevent things from happening. If you want an investigation, you just do an investigation, or take precautions against an investigation happening. Or did they mean they were taking precautions against an investigation not-happening? I'm just here to protect English. It's my link to the other monkeys, so it must be defended. Maybe this person has been with Uber too long and it's deteriorating their English.

But maybe Shortage is like the noun Hole. You can make a hole, but there is no actual thing and you're actually diminishing something, supplying a shortage of a material to make the hole. But I don't think that's what "supplying a shortage" is doing. Did anyone read this far. I'm not sorry. No one made you.
Lol I enjoyed reading every word!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts