Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The best advise I have or experience I can pass on has little to do with Uber. It is more about people. The best way for me to give this advice is through my own personal life experience.

It's still about money. Today I paid all my monthly bills but one. It's an auto pay. Let's just say it's already paid and I have to remember to adjust my checking account when they take the $154.87 cents. The next bill I have to pay manually isn't due for 5 weeks. After doing this, my bank account increase just $949.76 for the 2 weeks I have been paid. So for the next 5 weeks, all I will see is money going into the account. The amount I need every month for all my minimum payments is $1221.72, and the amount I will earn based on past averages is $4725.55.

Everyone has a different situation. Just looking at the numbers says I have a low rent, or no mortgage. But I still need a suitable income to cover the monthly requirements. I rarely need a withdraw and it's generally for my share of the property taxes and utilities. I used to deposit more cash than the pay check worth. I still get cash, but I keep it on hand. My last cash deposit was $140.00 because I no longer have 3 sources of income. Just two and one is all cash.

Do I make sacrifices? I think so. They are small but the dollar amount adds up. The newest one came with Uber. I am smoking less. I get my smokes out of Cook County and pay less than 6 bucks a pack. I try to buy best brand gas at the lowest price. I know the cost at home, so when I see a lower price in collar counties, I fill it up. I've given up certain food costs. Foods I really like.

I aspire to happiness. This requires planning and making plan. Setting milestone. I already have 6 concerts to see this year. My next plan or mile stone can't be placed or set until after November 1st. As far as I can see barring the same old accident, my short term future plans are in place and I will soon start planning next year. It really help to have something fun, exciting to look forward to.

So my advice is:

1. Get your house in order by finding the free MS office or spreadsheet and input all your income, bank accounts, and bills. Get your monthly minimum cash requirement to pay your bills.

2. Know and learn your situation. Know how much you spend on the things you need. How much on the luxuries and entertainment.

3. Find ways and put in a solid effort to improve it. Give up something low cost that you really like, or cut back on the amount you need.

4. Find your happy place. Everyone's situation is different. I like travel and these concerts were a bigger source a month or two ago, but I'll get through them.

The best future is one that you can see.

Reactions: 5 Star Guy

·
Registered
299 Posts
Not too sure what this has to do with anything but feel free to tell us all your stories.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
And I think William has multiple personality disorder and this is a thread by another one of his personalities let's sit back and listen to him preach on and on and on one of his last "thoughts" lasted about 9 pages

1 - 4 of 4 Posts