Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's another "surge" out there you should probably be concerned about, except this one might save your wallet and your a$$ if you don't go chasing it. In our line of work, you obviously need to know your home turf like the back of your hand, including where the dangerous neighborhoods are. I've been using this nifty tool, Trulia Maps, for several years now, and not just for their interactive crime heat maps. It also has useful maps regarding commute times, restaurants, nightlife, real estate/rental prices, traffic volumes, flood zones, etc. Check it out at https://www.trulia.com/local/or as part of the Trulia Real Estate app on iOS or Android.

Screenshot_20180420-040247.jpg

·
Premium Member
11,592 Posts
Here's another -- this one showing Miami-Dade County, FL. It's called Neighborhood o meter -- and it's based solely on crime data. Green is good, yellow is not so much, orange or red is bad.

Not available for every city, but I can tell you from personal experience that this map is very accurate.

Capture.JPG

·
Registered
822 Posts
There's another "surge" out there you should probably be concerned about, except this one might save your wallet and your a$$ if you don't go chasing it. In our line of work, you obviously need to know your home turf like the back of your hand, including where the dangerous neighborhoods are. I've been using this nifty tool, Trulia Maps, for several years now, and not just for their interactive crime heat maps. It also has useful maps regarding commute times, restaurants, nightlife, real estate/rental prices, traffic volumes, flood zones, etc. Check it out at https://www.trulia.com/local/or as part of the Trulia Real Estate app on iOS or Android.

View attachment 224029
These maps are good starting point, but they are only a starting point, as most crimes, never make it to the official "crime maps" and hence never make it into the heat maps.

I don't know what mickey mosue formula the police use in different cities as to what crimes get publicly listed and what crimes do not...

Folks might also look into the times of day crimes are committed most often:

Prior to pulling off your all nighter... I imagine false reports, also skyrocket at night, but since Lyft and Uber won't release any data, nonbody knows.

That's why the feds need to mandate that this data be made public, with quarterly disclosures, for our own safety.

you can check out your respective cities here:

Crime in Atlanta, Georgia (GA): murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, auto thefts, arson, law enforcement employees, police officers, crime map

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Atlanta-Georgia.html

Suspiciously, I cannot find a good heat map of Atlanta. The one on this site is useless.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
I got ya beat, my city is 97.5% on the "higher than" speedometer thing, and 680.2 on the "dangerous" bar chart thing. We're in the top 5 of every bad list (usually #1). That's why I can't wait to move back to Texas.

This entire state needs to be nuked (and uninhabitable for about 300 years) if we're honest. Bring it Kim Jong Un!

·
Registered
74 Posts

View attachment 224029
interesting map! thanks for posting

·
Premium Member
59,617 Posts

View attachment 224029
The local newspaper publishes a yearly murder map.

Car jackings of Uber drivers are down.

Since last 2 carjackers were SHOT by the drivers.

Funny how that works . . .

Here's another -- this one showing Miami-Dade County, FL. It's called Neighborhood o meter -- and it's based solely on crime data. Green is good, yellow is not so much, orange or red is bad.

Not available for every city, but I can tell you from personal experience that this map is very accurate.

View attachment 224101
Criminals will Expand to green areas.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I got ya beat, my city is 97.5% on the "higher than" speedometer thing, and 680.2 on the "dangerous" bar chart thing. We're in the top 5 of every bad list (usually #1). That's why I can't wait to move back to Texas.

This entire state needs to be nuked (and uninhabitable for about 300 years) if we're honest. Bring it Kim Jong Un!
the Gamma Quadrant?

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts