Uber Drivers Forum banner

Trouble signing up for Lyft

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  jake17g 
#1 ·
Anyone else having or had a problem signing up to drive for Lyft? I schedule my mentor session and no one comes or calls. Ive done it like 3-4 time, emailed lyft support and no one has helped. Any advice?

#6 ·
When I went to their orientation, the mentor stated about them having technical issues with the mentoring appointments. NO MENTOR WILL SHOW UP AT YOUR HOUSE. You have to set up an appointment with them downtown.

When you go to the LYFT app it should tell you their address, day and hours available for the the orientation. Make sure to park in the back NOT on the side, the business next door may call a tow truck to get rid of your car.

They normally have appointments at 1500 and at 1600, so if you want to show up at their office, make sure your car is clean just in case they squeeze you in one of the orientation on that same day. They will take a picture of you too, so make sure to look nice! I saw my profile photo today, it looks like a mug shot LMAO.

I was there last week and I just cleared my background check today...

BRING WITH YOU:
DL
Insurance
Your bank routing number
Bank account number

#7 ·
When I went to their orientation, the mentor stated about them having technical issues with the mentoring appointments. NO MENTOR WILL SHOW UP AT YOUR HOUSE. You have to set up an appointment with them downtown.

When you go to the LYFT app it should tell you their address, day and hours available for the the orientation. Make sure to park in the back NOT on the side, the business next door may call a tow truck to get rid of your car.

They normally have appointments at 1500 and at 1600, so if you want to show up at their office, make sure your car is clean just in case they squeeze you in one of the orientation on that same day. They will take a picture of you too, so make sure to look nice! I saw my profile photo today, it looks like a mug shot LMAO.

I was there last week and I just cleared my background check today...

BRING WITH YOU:
DL
Insurance
Your bank routing number
Bank account number
Cool thanks.

#10 ·
Same thing happened to me I went to Lyft in person and they said they are not hiring. Uber should have respect for drivers and do the same thing but they dont. Uber wants to hire as many drivers as possible so they can pickup passengers in light speed. I was also deceived in thinking I would be able to work Uber full time and make at least $500 a week after expenses but its more like $100-$200 after expenses full time. Anyone looking to do this full time please dont. Honest to God you can make triple working as a cab driver. Learn from me I am trying to help people. I ruined my life by quitting two jobs because I was one of the first Uber drivers on the road at launch in Vegas and I was tricked because I made over $1,000 a week my first two weeks but Uber became so saturated with drivers I shortly started making $200 a week while working 50 hours a week. If i was working as a cab driver I would be making at least $500 a week after expenses and getting to beat the shit out of someone elses car. I got to give Uber credit though what a scam of a lifetime! Seriously genious. Evil usually doesnt prevail though.

#11 ·
I'm sorry, but I have zero sympathy. There are a lot of members of this forum that were original drivers, including me. Yes, we made great money starting out. Speaking for myself (and a few others I've talked with) I did a lot of research before I started. This website is full of stories of drivers making great money and then two things happened - Uber flooded the market with drivers and Uber cut rates. It's all right here. You weren't tricked; you believed what you wanted to believe without apparently doing a shred of research. Because if you had researched you'd have realized the first weeks in any city are a flash in the pan. You have to look beyond two weeks to make a decision that has now impacted you and your family. It's just like someone hitting a couple of Royals on the same night and think "hey, this is easy...I'll become a professional gambler". Uber isn't going to stop adding drivers. Although their cutting the referral to a mere $10 tells me the huge flood is now going to be a dribble. Sorry to be blunt, but everything you've posted is "It's all Uber's fault" yet you were the one to make the decisions. You should probably follow your own train of thought and apply with a cab company because Uber isn't going to change.

#12 ·
Ya you seem to agree with me in the end of your response so thank you. so to reiterate, yes if anyone wants to do this full time please be a cab driver instead there is more money to be made. If you work cabs you make great tips YES TIPS IMAGINE THAT and also kickbacks from massage parlors and stripclubs WOW IMAGINE THAT. UBER IS LIKE A GOOD POLITICIAN MAKING ALL COMPETITORS AKA CAB COMPANIES LOOK LIKE SHIT. WOW IMAGINE THAT BRAINWASHING.

#13 ·
Again, it's your own damn fault you "quite two good jobs". No one forced you to do anything but you. You weren't deceived, any more than 90% of any advertising uses words to make themselves look good while still telling the truth. Does Uber do a lot of shady things? Yes, for sure. But that's why before making a major life change one should do their research. You have no one, at all, to blame but yourself.

#14 ·
what are you talking about. me and every other driver on here know you are a troll and that uber advertised full time drivers make $1500 a week. we know your playing devils advocate and you make no sense. everyone saw the propaganda commercials and we all took the bait hook,line,and sinker. i quit two jobs because of false advertising. i will not take 1 percent of blame. i work my ass off for uber with no results you troll

#16 ·
I guarantee every single ad said "Up to". If you don't understand those words, it's not the fault of the ad. Deceptive, perhaps, but hardly false. Most advertising is deceptive in some fashion. Ever see a fast food commercial? Your food will almost never look like that.

Me a troll? Please cite one post on this forum where I've trolled anyone. I've been nothing but honest. I don't claim to be making a mint, unlike some people. I've done my share of complaining about the slow times. But just because I'm not frothing at the mouth with pitchforks doesn't make me a troll.

And as others said, if you're really getting 'no results' then you're clearly doing SOMETHING wrong. If everyone actually had the same issues you claim to, there wouldn't be nearly as many drivers on the road (which would lead to better results for those who ARE on the road...).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.