Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a single ping, accepted it. Got pinged for a second, actually a pretty good one, accepted it. Then got another ping (from same restaurant as 2nd). Been doing this for over 4 years and never been offered a third delivery, so I figured must have been a problem with the 2nd one. Nope, actually got 3 deliveries. I have no problem with this, as I got to accept or reject each one. But if they start offering triples from the get go, well not sure I like that.
Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Circle

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
Actually, from a Logistics 101 point of view, this makes a whole lot of sense.

The real Q is: how much did they pay you for these 3 offers and how much time did you actually spend on them?
I will definitely agree with you from a logistics point of view…

Keep in mind though that the apps seem to be designed to allow all signed in drivers to be able to make money…

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Got a single ping, accepted it. Got pinged for a second, actually a pretty good one, accepted it. Then got another ping (from same restaurant as 2nd). Been doing this for over 4 years and never been offered a third delivery, so I figured must have been a problem with the 2nd one. Nope, actually got 3 deliveries.
If you're impressed by that, just wait until you get your first septuple. 7 deliveries from Wal-Mart covering 23 miles for $12???? Oh boy!!! The real challenge is hitting the decline button fast enough to get it off your screen before it makes you vomit.

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you're impressed by that, just wait until you get your first septuple. 7 deliveries from Wal-Mart covering 23 miles for $12???? Oh boy!!! The real challenge is hitting the decline button fast enough to get it off your screen before it makes you vomit.
Ha! Not even needed with that awesome new DousheDish feature which "pauses" you automatically after you reject 8-10 FMOs...

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
Have you beat with a twelve one from Dash for Catholic Charities during last Christmas!

Pay was $23 dollars for almost three hours of work!

I know where is my Christmas spirit, and my answer is that is why I worship Odin instead!

·
Premium Member
9,532 Posts
I have no problem with this, as I got to accept or reject each one. But if they start offering triples from the get go, well not sure I like that.
You should have a problem with it, a big problem because the stacking of orders is one of the worst disasters to ever happen to gig delivery drivers.

Since their creation multi-orders have played a major part in the race to the bottom for gig delivery earnings. They allow the companies to get vastly more orders delivered with vastly fewer drivers which in turn allows the companies to pay much lower rates.

To make matters worse the companies pay LESS for each order when they're part of stacked orders.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
I had my first threebie this week as well. It wasn't bad. About $25 for 45 minutes and about 6 total miles. Then it was super dead after that, so I'm glad I took them.

As long as they pay well, I'd do more of them.

Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
You should have a problem with it, a big problem because the stacking of orders is one of the worst disasters to ever happen to gig delivery drivers.

Since their creation multi-orders have played a major part in the race to the bottom for gig delivery earnings. They allow the companies to get vastly more orders delivered with vastly fewer drivers which in turn allows the companies to pay much lower rates.

To make matters worse the companies pay LESS for each order when they're part of stacked orders.
Calm down, Chicken Little. All of us can see what we're making and can accept or decline. It makes perfect sense to give a driver another order at a restaurant they are already at. It's called efficiency. It makes far less sense to instead give it to the meth head driver in his Mercury Sable three blocks away.

·
Premium Member
9,347 Posts
Got a single ping, accepted it. Got pinged for a second, actually a pretty good one, accepted it. Then got another ping (from same restaurant as 2nd). Been doing this for over 4 years and never been offered a third delivery, so I figured must have been a problem with the 2nd one. Nope, actually got 3 deliveries. I have no problem with this, as I got to accept or reject each one. But if they start offering triples from the get go, well not sure I like that. View attachment 682655
I only seen triples for Apple Store Deliveries.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

·
Premium Member
9,532 Posts
Calm down, Chicken Little. All of us can see what we're making and can accept or decline. It makes perfect sense to give a driver another order at a restaurant they are already at. It's called efficiency. It makes far less sense to instead give it to the meth head driver in his Mercury Sable three blocks away.
You're talking out of your shill ass as usual.

It makes sense for UBER to stack every possible order in order to reduce supply and keep pay rates in the toilet.

Uber tries to stack EVERYTHING these days. Most doubles are NOT from the same restaurant and among the ones that are, many are going in different directions and should be dispatched different drivers. It's not "efficiency", it's GREED.

As far as your dumb "meth-head" comment is concerned the meth-head could be the one doing the double.

Stacked orders are most definitely wage-killers for the reasons I've already stated and more.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Stacked orders SHOULD pay less, as couriers save time by having the orders from the same eatery (or close by) and then deliver to customers who live near each other. Also, while most stacked orders are fairly low (if you divide the offer by two), yesterday, for example, I got a stacked order from the same eatery for over $20 (CAD). Would take that any time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Didn't screenshot it, but I did have a triple offer from the get-go either last night or night before. Fortunately it was low enough that I felt I needed to examine it closely and I saw it was a 3 and not a 2. So watch them closely or you may be getting more than you bargained for!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Didn't screenshot it, but I did have a triple offer from the get-go either last night or night before. Fortunately it was low enough that I felt I needed to examine it closely and I saw it was a 3 and not a 2. So watch them closely or you may be getting more than you bargained for!
Ditto. Look carefully to avoid wasting time. Had an $8+ order, which would have been fine for one order, got to the eatery, and it turned out to be 2 orders. Cancelled both.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got a single ping, accepted it. Got pinged for a second, actually a pretty good one, accepted it. Then got another ping (from same restaurant as 2nd). Been doing this for over 4 years and never been offered a third delivery, so I figured must have been a problem with the 2nd one. Nope, actually got 3 deliveries. I have no problem with this, as I got to accept or reject each one. But if they start offering triples from the get go, well not sure I like that. View attachment 682655
Same thing for me, I’ve never been offered a triple before and now I’ve gotten triples-twice. Check it out though UBER makes buchu bucks, I’ll take a screenshot and show you how much they got out of my triple. But I still got decent pay but they got more!
[
Ditto. Look carefully to avoid wasting time. Had an $8+ order, which would have been fine for one order, got to the eatery, and it turned out to be 2 orders. Cancelled both.
[/QUOTE]
Customer paid $87.71, UBER GOT $31.55!

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Back in the day, UE would simply offline you if you rejected too many in a row. I think you even had to wait 10 minutes or so before you could get back online. It didn't last long.
Uber hasn’t done that for at least 3 years now!
They would send me a message saying “are you still on accepting orders?” Cuz I declined 15 in a row!

·
Premium Member
9,532 Posts
Stacked orders SHOULD pay less, as couriers save time by having the orders from the same eatery (or close by) and then deliver to customers who live near each other. Also, while most stacked orders are fairly low (if you divide the offer by two), yesterday, for example, I got a stacked order from the same eatery for over $20 (CAD). Would take that any time.
You'd be hard-pressed to find another occupation that has clueless, narcissistic asswipes advocating lower pay for their fellow workers.

Not only do you come off like a company stooge, you're flatout wrong in your observations.

Many if not most double orders are NOT from the same restaurant. Many of the drop-offs are FAR from each other.

Not only does stacking enable the gig companies to lower driver pay, it also increases wait times for customers.

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
Where is the efficiency for the driver now having to wait 10-15 minutes for that order to be completed by the restaurant…? That same driver can drive 5 minutes to pick up an order completed at a different restaurant… and save time keeping his wheels rolling…

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Experience in the market is crucial. I basically know immediately when I walk into a "problem" restaurant whether or not it's worth waiting for (how many drivers waiting for orders is a pretty good yardstick). I know the restaurants that tell me it will be "5 minutes" when they clearly have no clue how long it will take. And I am definitely not afraid to hit that cancel delivery button. But I waited 10 minutes last night for 2 of the 3 orders and the deliveries took me about 20 minutes. $25 for 30 minutes. Not gonna complain about that!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts