Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be traveling to Orlando for a family vacation next month and wanted to know if drivers are able to the following trips.

Downtown Orlando to Daytona Beach

Daytona Beach to Orlando

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I don't think it would be safe for you and your family to have Slurred take you on a highway trip in his $4,000 mini van.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys are funny. But I'll be out there for labor day. There's a football game on September 4th at Bethune Cookman Univ. that I want to go see.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I'll be traveling to Orlando for a family vacation next month and wanted to know if drivers are able to the following trips.

Downtown Orlando to Daytona Beach

Daytona Beach to Orlando
For what it's worth, if you're going Uber , I'd go with Slurry. He's shown a top rating and he's not a creeper.

Random drivers worry me.

·
Registered
622 Posts
So many passengers ask if there is a way to pick me again. One passenger found me in the streets of downtown one night and asked for a ride home (I was currently on a trip). I am in no way endorsing myself for the trip; I don't do pre-arranged trips, I never know where I will be or if I'll be driving.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
So many passengers ask if there is a way to pick me again. One passenger found me in the streets of downtown one night and asked for a ride home (I was currently on a trip). I am in no way endorsing myself for the trip; I don't do pre-arranged trips, I never know where I will be or if I'll be driving.
As a reminder for everyone.... You need to be on a sanctioned uber payed uber fare for uber commercial insurance to kick in.

If you don't and something happens...

You can be held liable (not your insurance YOU personally) for all damages resulting from anything that can happen.

Your personal insurance will NOT cover anything.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
That's pretty dumb that you can't pick a preferred driver via app feature

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Well you *can* in theory go to pick them up without putting the fare into uber until you arrive then holding both the uber pax phone next to your driver phone then calling for the ride. Then drive them wherever they need to go.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
On an unrelated note, MT4, I had a good account call that I was trying to grab on the return run. I was pos#1 in the zone and the pax called to notify me he was about to request, I get to ping 270 yards away (perfect!) and it turns out to be a guy at Walmart next door :(. Promptly no shows. Come back to my pax to watch him load with another driver.....

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
As a reminder for everyone.... You need to be on a sanctioned uber payed uber fare for uber commercial insurance to kick in.

If you don't and something happens...

You can be held liable (not your insurance YOU personally) for all damages resulting from anything that can happen.

Your personal insurance will NOT cover anything.
if you make the mistake that causes an accident, Uber will run like hell, their insurance is totally worthless, they try to pin everything on drivers personal insurance, there are several cases going on now and the Longwood case should be coming up soon. I am pretty sure they didn't pay for the drivers car or medical and this has left him in a world of hurt.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts