Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I got a regular Lyft ping at 5:15 PM today, no long trip notifications or anything like that. +75% Prime Time. Accepted and found myself seeing 4Hr 18 minutes trip to Boston. Cancelled. (I woke up at 3:30 AM today) Would you guys do it?

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
I would not take that ride on Lyft. You would certainly hit the fare cap and I'm not driving anybody to Boston for $300 gross, then having to drive back empty at my own expense.

I would not have on uber either without an upfront cash payment for me to drive back home unless it was over 3x surge or 2x XL.

I don't do off the books rides for cash.

·
Super Moderator
6,432 Posts
There were two of them and they said they found a ride before. Did you really experience the fare cap? I have heard of it, but have never experienced it myself.
Never experienced it but:

https://help.lyft.com/hc/en-us/arti...and-when-driver-pay-is-calculated#minmaxfares

• Minimum driver fare: The lowest amount you'll earn on a ride, even for very short rides and regardless of what the passengers pay. Trips ended before you reach the minimum fare are rounded to this amount.
  • Maximum driver fare: The highest amount you'll receive for a ride. If a passenger's request takes you past the maximum fare amount, you may want to recommend a different transportation method. Heads up: Unusually high ride amounts are subject to review. Exceedingly long rides (for example, two hours without traffic) may come close to the max fare.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Now, there's a max amount paid to the driver, but is there a max charge for the rider? Because if that's the case, it would be much cheaper to do Lyft from NJ to DC, for example , than flying last minute....
And never mind if it's a 4 riders scenario, that's a steal.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Never experienced it but:

https://help.lyft.com/hc/en-us/arti...and-when-driver-pay-is-calculated#minmaxfares

• Minimum driver fare: The lowest amount you'll earn on a ride, even for very short rides and regardless of what the passengers pay. Trips ended before you reach the minimum fare are rounded to this amount.
  • Maximum driver fare: The highest amount you'll receive for a ride. If a passenger's request takes you past the maximum fare amount, you may want to recommend a different transportation method. Heads up: Unusually high ride amounts are subject to review. Exceedingly long rides (for example, two hours without traffic) may come close to the max fare.
Thank you!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.