Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure you have all got trip requests that are over 10 min away. I guess my question is that do you take them or decline them. If you accept them do you find that the pax end up cancelling them because you are just to far. One pax told me that if a taxi is driving by that he would rather hail one down. I wish uber would tell us how long the ride is if they are not willing to provide that drop off address. How would you like to drive for 10 min only to drop of a pax in a 5 min ride.

·
Registered
47 Posts
5 mins ride lol. mine was worse. i drove 12 mins in etobicoke to pick up two plaza hotel employees on Dixon/Airport road just to drop them off to the other side to Jack Astors. That was less than a minute ride :( Never again !!. I dont pick up people who are more than 4- 5 mins away.

·
Premium Member
2,840 Posts
It's very rare that I will pick up 10 minute+ requests. Generally only at night when there are few drivers on the road (and rides tend to be longer), and the pax rating is high. Even then, I would probably have to be pretty desperate from sitting around for a long time with no pings.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Was so slow yesterday, 2.77$ in 3 hours with 1 ping .Drove 10 min for that.Finally got another ping from hotel 10 min away, came there, guy is coming out, oh i am sorry i was showing my friend how uber works and I guess ordered uber by mistake. Please don't charge me.Next ping 10 min away , coming there , waiting. Phone call, oh hi I am not here at this address, I am just 2 min away here at intersection. I don't know how this address didn't change to my new location , please come pick me up.The idiot pax actually another 7 min away, was giving me derections over the phone .I was pissed off. Shouldve no show him, but he was very persuasive that he made mistake and just around the corner. So finaly after 17 min I picked him up .This pax while on another uber canceled his trip, so driver dumped him up in middle of nowhere.His trim was 3 min short for 4$.I am done with uber. This the worst , stupid , high risk job for no money at all

·
Banned
1,638 Posts
Was so slow yesterday, 2.77$ in 3 hours with 1 ping .Drove 10 min for that.Finally got another ping from hotel 10 min away, came there, guy is coming out, oh i am sorry i was showing my friend how uber works and I guess ordered uber by mistake. Please don't charge me.Next ping 10 min away , coming there , waiting. Phone call, oh hi I am not here at this address, I am just 2 min away here at intersection. I don't know how this address didn't change to my new location , please come pick me up.The idiot pax actually another 7 min away, was giving me derections over the phone .I was pissed off. Shouldve no show him, but he was very persuasive that he made mistake and just around the corner. So finaly after 17 min I picked him up .This pax while on another uber canceled his trip, so driver dumped him up in middle of nowhere.His trim was 3 min short for 4$.I am done with uber. This the worst , stupid , high risk job for no money at all
Lol, you're an idiot.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Lmaooooooo

·
Registered
656 Posts
You keep saying you are done with Uber,but yet you still continue to drive for them.You sound like a abused woman in a abusive relationship,you want to leave but you just can't stay away.

·
Banned
1,015 Posts
One down just 400,999 to go

·
Premium Member
8,723 Posts
Hate to say this, but it just sounds like you suck at Uber. Good drivers wouldn't do the things you do.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Last Sunday I was working/waiting for a ping and nothng so i decided to go home, as i was to turn to my street I got a pind and it said something like (Longer ride 45+) .Is that something new, I have recieved other pings after that were 30+ min and never saw that message again.

·
Premium Member
2,840 Posts
Last Sunday I was working/waiting for a ping and nothng so i decided to go home, as i was to turn to my street I got a pind and it said something like (Longer ride 45+) .Is that something new, I have recieved other pings after that were 30+ min and never saw that message again.
Yes that is something new and will only come up on trip requests longer than 45 minutes. This is based on trip time only, not distance, so it could be a not so long ride in very heavy traffic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts