Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a had this girl pay $10.66 XL ride to go 8/10 of a mile to buy some cigarettes. When we get to Gate she ask me to hold on while she goes in so I could take her back home. I was like sure. Wait about 15 minutes, and see her jump in some guys truck and take off. I'm sure I will get 1 star when she sees the fair, but what ever. I only drove a few miles to pick her up. All total I put 7 miles on my van, and 30-40 minutes of my time. Oh yea we had 1.8 times surge at the time.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Just a had this girl pay $10.66 XL ride to go 8/10 of a mile to buy some cigarettes. When we get to Gate she ask me to hold on while she goes in so I could take her back home. I was like sure. Wait about 15 minutes, and see her jump in some guys truck and take off. I'm sure I will get 1 star when she sees the fair, but what ever. I only drove a few miles to pick her up. All total I put 7 miles on my van, and 30-40 minutes of my time. Oh yea we had 1.8 times surge at the time.
Nut job. Why would she be upset about $10? How much are cigarettes these days? I took someone from the Four Points at the beach to Blind Rabbit at the beach -- you can see the two from each other. $15 min fare.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Agree with UberHammer, bad use of your time. If the wheels aren't turning you aren't making money.

Have my own funny story in the same theme though.

Saturday I drop this group late night in downtown Fernandina. As they get out some slightly drunk guy jumps in and asks if I can take him to blah, blah. I'm like, "I'm an Uber, not a cab. You have to request through the app." Guy was insistent and shows me all this cash he has. WTF, okay, $10. It would have been a $5 uber fair. Then he asks if we can stop for pizza. Okay, $15, which was probably short changing myself, since the only place open here at that hour is full pies, not slices. We get to the pizza place, he hands me $20 and starts to head inside. I hold up the 20 and say, I'm waiting for you, right? Yeah, yeah, be right back out. After knocking out 4 levels of Candy Crush I'm thinking, he can't be waiting this long for a pizza. I go inside looking for him. Place is closing down. Ask the girl at the counter if she's seen this guy. Oh, Glen, he called a cab and left like 10 minutes ago. Yeah, that guy has a few screws loose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts