Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
around putting in the location to schaumburg and make it register as a 7min ride
destination after ride is accepted
Paxheads, and this is a paxhole move.....

You get 5 cancels in a row and you wise up, riders are not dumb.
You have little to do while waiting for the next one and the next cancel after that--but think around the problem.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
I do not cancel. Quote the Raven, this I do.

I have NEVER been upset with a paxhead or hole who wanted my driving services on hire. Not once.

Now, I actually do cancel--do not tell 80's--when I get a measly 25% and I KNOW there is 75% or 100 with next click.
Or if they call me--almost for any reason--
ABSOLUTELY iffen they TEXT me while I'm driving.
If they take too long to appear.
Put in wrong Address.
Act like I'm the "help"
(neva understood that I have your whole day and very life in my hands--why not play nice?)

But pull up and don't like it--destination wise?
Never did that.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
I had something similar for the first ride it was really 4 mins away and 7 min ride. It was really 4 mins away and .7miles. They came out with a suitcase for bound for O’Hare. I have no problem with it as it’s early and the gps say 23 minutes as does Waze and about the same to get back. Then it took 45 minutes by which time it was over an hour to downtown. Genius that I am I head to the lot which had no line in or out and got a ride Within 5 minutes and a notification of 60+ minute ride which seemed odd as they have been giving up to the minute times. Where do I go Milwaukee site it paid ok and there was no traffic, no I didn’t tell them I needed more money to get back I’ll leave that to the guys who spend 5 hours with an empty car waiting because they only take surge rides. Sure he round trip took just over 3 hours but it paid better for the time even including gas than has been the case recently. What made me feel a bit better is that I just dropped off another passenger at the sirport drove past the pit and probably saw 100 cars trying to get in and many more trying to leave. So I probably got paid twice as much as they guy who just dropped off at the airport and will spend the same amount of time getting out of the pit to get the next ride. I guess the solution it to just drop off at the airport turn off the app and drive to where there are rides right not O’Hare to Lincoln park is 40 minutes which is probably less time than getting in and out of the pit

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
I had something similar for the first ride it was really 4 mins away and 7 min ride. It was really 4 mins away and .7miles. They came out with a suitcase for bound for O'Hare. I have no problem with it as it's early and the gps say 23 minutes as does Waze and about the same to get back. Then it took 45 minutes by which time it was over an hour to downtown. Genius that I am I head to the lot which had no line in or out and got a ride Within 5 minutes and a notification of 60+ minute ride which seemed odd as they have been giving up to the minute times. Where do I go Milwaukee site it paid ok and there was no traffic, no I didn't tell them I needed more money to get back I'll leave that to the guys who spend 5 hours with an empty car waiting because they only take surge rides. Sure he round trip took just over 3 hours but it paid better for the time even including gas than has been the case recently. What made me feel a bit better is that I just dropped off another passenger at the sirport drove past the pit and probably saw 100 cars trying to get in and many more trying to leave. So I probably got paid twice as much as they guy who just dropped off at the airport and will spend the same amount of time getting out of the pit to get the next ride. I guess the solution it to just drop off at the airport turn off the app and drive to where there are rides right not O'Hare to Lincoln park is 40 minutes which is probably less time than getting in and out of the pit
I might agree with you or I might not. I am not sure as your use of the English language is poor and thus your writing incomprehensible. Tighten up your post and for goodness sake, use paragraphs!!

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Bingo. I.N.G.O

Its very common with savvy ass paxs. Surprised we haven't been this horse into oblivion ...already
Today not getting ride time has nothing to do with a passenger being savvy. Uber has big problems with the app as stated in multiple threads posts and from talking to Uber. So far they appear to be ride length not showing for higher level drivers as well as not being paid the extra percentage for platinum and diamond as well as consecutive trip counter not updating or quest rides not updating. Some passengers may be savvy to use your term. Most don't care if they are traveling for work. And while what was mentioned above could save money i would guess it will pay a surge and if the ride time is 30 minutes longer to the airport which has been common recent they may well pay more

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Dude, I'm reading this in MY CAR with my PEE cup at elbow's length on a shitty third generation android with a cracked screen at twilight~. I DO NOT abide chatter about your construction....BUT your COMPOSITION needs some spaces and paragraph breaks.
Only one man more patient than I, is Karachi, and work with us...HUH

this

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
I might agree with you or I might not. I am not sure as your use of the English language is poor and thus your writing incomprehensible. Tighten up your post and for goodness sake, use paragraphs!!
I apologize to for the rambling post and apparently being from Ohio and only know English and a bit of French I guess I should have just the app has been messed up all day. Guys who spend an entire day probably make less on average and andy going to the pit right now is going to have a long turn around time. I'll accept your comment on the rambling as far as the English language you should comment as you have no clue where anyone is actually from or their education levels. For all I know you are the same person as the Georgia homeboy

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
I apologize to for the rambling post and apparently being from Ohio and only know English and a bit of French I guess I should have just the app has been messed up all day. Guys who spend an entire day probably make less on average and andy going to the pit right now is going to have a long turn around time. I'll accept your comment on the rambling as far as the English language you should comment as you have no clue where anyone is actually from or their education levels. For all I know you are the same person as the Georgia homeboy
And still no sight of any paragraphs..I never assumed to know your level of education nor did I imply knowing. I just commented on your poor writing skills and how it was difficult to understand your position.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Dude, I'm reading this in MY CAR with my PEE cup at elbow's length on a shitty third generation android with a cracked screen at twilight~. I DO NOT abide chatter about your construction....BUT your COMPOSITION needs some spaces and paragraph breaks.
Only one man more patient than I, is Karachi, and work with us...HUH

this
No problem. I haven't posted much and it sucks doing it on any phone.
Iwill work on it.
While Karachi may be patient and put out good comments. Nobody should be calling someone out in use of the English or any language for that matter.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.