Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that riders who r not familiar w miami traffic, who do not allow enough travel time during rush hr result in a low ratings. As if it's my fault !!!! Seriously!!

Any suggestions from others?

I now ask for a preferred route.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Today, I picked up a x pax from south coral gables to south Miami. My google gps gave me a backroads route which would have avoided all the parking lot traffic. ******bag kid goes, before my gps finished loading " make a right get on bird and make a left on Galloway. I'm like yes sir. That route tacked on 2 extra miles and 20 more minutes. At various time i advised a quicker route and he disregarded my advise and had me continue. Lol wow.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
The question is did he give u a low rating because of it?
I clicked over to the ratings pages and all the numbers changed and he didn't low rate me. His mom called close to the end of the ride and asked him what took so long. He said no mom us1 was worse so I had the uber take bird and 87. Off the hook! Lol. For sure it would've been a low rating if it were a different situation.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I clicked over to the ratings pages and all the numbers changed and he didn't low rate me. His mom called close to the end of the ride and asked him what took so long. He said no mom us1 was worse so I had the uber take bird and 87. Off the hook! Lol. For sure it would've been a low rating if it were a different situation.
Don't give kids 18 and under rides. Against Uber rules

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
Today, I picked up a x pax from south coral gables to south Miami. My google gps gave me a backroads route which would have avoided all the parking lot traffic. ******bag kid goes, before my gps finished loading " make a right get on bird and make a left on Galloway. I'm like yes sir. That route tacked on 2 extra miles and 20 more minutes. At various time i advised a quicker route and he disregarded my advise and had me continue. Lol wow.
Pax use rating as weapon; drivers have no recourse.

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
I've noticed that riders who r not familiar w miami traffic, who do not allow enough travel time during rush hr result in a low ratings. As if it's my fault !!!! Seriously!!

Any suggestions from others?

I now ask for a preferred route.
If result does not please passenger you will still be the bad guy.

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
Have you read your Terms of Service agreement?
The RIDER TOS says minors can't have accounts and the app holder has to accompany minors riding per their account.

The DRIVER TOS says NOTHING about minors.

So if you're talking about reading the DRIVER TOS there is nothing there. And we have no reason to read the rider TOS as a driver.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Some nice guidelines I follow to avoid the pitfalls of driving on the uber platform:

1. Don't do rush hours. Not at .85 mile, I will do morning rush hours from select locations that have provided repeat requests that turn out to be good rides. But I go home just before the afternoon rush hour, when riders complain about no drivers and surging prices, this tells uber that the drivers won't drive this period for cheap fare rate ( .85 mile).
2. Be nice, drive car, if passenger wants to take different route, do so but advise about traffic. I use the drivers app navigation even if I know the location, this gives some assurance to the rider that I'm trying to be as efficient as possible. I always ask for a preferred route.
3. 1* will not keep the system from matching you up again, you have to email support and request not to be matched up again.
4. The Insurance documents from uber's insurance company, James River Insurance here in KC, specify that the account holder has to be in the car for passengers to ride free. This may have changed with the new corp accounts that let a business order rides for a client.
5. Track your rides, make screen shots, and follow up on any issues, lots of riders will try to scam the system to get free rides or ride credits to their accounts, challenge them, provide screen shots to support, and request not to be matched up with the scammers again.
6. Follow your gut, if on arrival you get any bad vibes at all, due to location ect, don't start trip, cancel with either rider no show or no charge. Protect your rating, it's not a fair system for drivers, but it's all we have right now.
7. Avoid like the plague any short trips, I don't even turn on the app until I'm in location that I have selected to provide my services to.
8. When you get a good ride, nice rider, smooth pick up ( they be waiting on sidewalk or curb for you) be sure and thank the rider for using the uber service, let them know you appreciate them. THIS IS IMPORTANT, UBER IS BRINGING ONLINE A SCHEDULED AND PREFERRED OR FAVORITE
DRIVERS OPTIONS IN RIDERS APP.
10. Don't forget to do the "surge check", top and bottom of each hour, go offline for 5 min and see if you can trigger a surge.

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
Reasons I get bad ratings occasionally:

PAX didn't allow enough time and expects me to drive like a maniac. My car is not a time machine. If you are leaving late, you're going to be late.

PAX wants to smoke. Hey, I smoke too, but not even in my own car. I let you smoke and then the next PAX is some kind of anti smoking nazi and freaks out cause of the smell. Gimme a break.

PAX wants to bring their open top drink in the car. Again, think of the next passenger after you spill Powerade all over.

PAX enters wrong drop address and doesn't pay attention when I confirm it. Then realizes half way there that she dropped the pin 15 miles away, but just wanted to go a few blocks. Again, this is somehow my fault. I should have been able to read her mind.

PAX wants me to wait while they go in and buy their drugs. Not judging anyone, I just don't want to get caught up in the middle of that. Live and learn.

Reasons I give PAX low rating:

If your ride is less than the $3.75 cancellation fee and you dont tip, I will give you a 1 star so that I never get you again.
You stink. Literally, you make my car smell bad.
"PAX wants me to wait while they go in and buy their drugs. Not judging anyone, I just don't want to get caught up in the middle of that".

If pax is busted your car will be impounded as evidence until case finally adjudicated.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Don't give kids 18 and under rides. Against Uber rules
On this subject, I wasn't aware this was the case. During my first week I got one of these which I then reported to Uber. I know I got a low rating from this kid because I was asking questions n asked his age. Regardless of what ultimately was done to my acct their rating stuck !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.