Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks guys for all the helpful advice, I was wondering if you have any suggestions on this whole free water, snacks, etc. I have only been an uber passenger only about 10 times, half the time no gifts with ride, other times I have been offered breath mints, chocolate bars (which just appeared to be drivers left over hallowe'en treats), and one dude offered me a banana.....( I am not making that up ).....

Is any of that required, the thought of chauffeuring some intoxicated PAX, while they eat chocolate bars in my back seat, seems like a nightmare waiting to happen.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Thanks guys for all the helpful advice, I was wondering if you have any suggestions on this whole free water, snacks, etc. I have only been an uber passenger only about 10 times, half the time no gifts with ride, other times I have been offered breath mints, chocolate bars (which just appeared to be drivers left over hallowe'en treats), and one dude offered me a banana.....( I am not making that up ).....

Is any of that required, the thought of chauffeuring some intoxicated PAX, while they eat chocolate bars in my back seat, seems like a nightmare waiting to happen.
If you do this to make other people happy and that makes you feel good then, sure. Water, Pop, Chips, napkins, breath mints...whatever makes you happy. If you want to make money, no, don't do anything. If you care about your rating you can still get 4.9's without that stuff.

·
Registered
455 Posts

It's definitely not required, and was more common in the past. It's a stayover from the old training videos Uber made suggesting drivers carry water and snacks to keep passengers happy. Considering how little Uber does to keep drivers happy, and that over the years Uber has settled into a very basic A to B ride, not many people do it anymore. You're definitely not required to (I'd go as far as saying please don't, lol). Don't worry about your rating. I'm 4.89 and don't offer diddly but a clean car, friendly hello, and smooth quick drive.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's definitely not required, and was more common in the past. It's a stayover from the old training videos Uber made suggesting drivers carry water and snacks to keep passengers happy. Considering how little Uber does to keep drivers happy, and that over the years Uber has settled into a very basic A to B ride, not many people do it anymore. You're definitely not required to (I'd go as far as saying please don't, lol). Don't worry about your rating. I'm 4.89 and don't offer diddly but a clean car, friendly hello, and smooth quick drive.
Ok that's makes sense.....anyone eating anything = dirty car ... so giving away that crunches while people talk seems moronic ....thx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts