Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I saw Travis on a late night talk show and his actions explained everything to me regarding Uber "email/text only - no human contact" because he appeared to be very nice but shy, uncomfortable with one on one and no emotion. He is brilliant - just wish he had compassion for his employees like Nick Woodman - the GoPro guy!

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
I saw Travis on a late night talk show and his actions explained everything to me regarding Uber "email/text only - no human contact" because he appeared to be very nice but shy, uncomfortable with one on one and no emotion. He is brilliant - just wish he had compassion for his employees like Nick Woodman - the GoPro guy!
Nice and shy = the attitude of someone that has a lot to hide.

·
Banned
723 Posts
You are so gullible. TK and Uber are scum that take advantage of people.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
"Travis Kalanick, founder of ride-hailing service Uber, gained the most, doubling his fortune since last year to $6 billion."

Perhaps it is time we ask for a raise.
That's bs. Let's see him try to cash in his $6 billion... it's all on paper and there is no liquidity pre-IPO. Even after the IPO, there is a LOCKUP period before he can sell any shares. If he wanted to sell shares, he would have to file a Form 4 and that would immediately catch investor's eyes bring in more sellers and short sellers into the stock.

Don't believe the BS when the media hypes someone's worth. Unless it's in CASH, it ain't REAL. It's what they got in their checking account that matters.

Just ask all the paper millionaires during the DOT COM bubble that saw their net worth shrink to zero as their stock options expired worthless.

BONG!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Let's not forget that TK's previous two ventures went belly up.

I've said before, Uber's big problem is lack of focus.

Stock prices often reflect investor's expectations of growth. Uber is expanding at a phenomenal rate. Eventually, they'll hit the wall and their growth will flat line. It's inevitable. No growth is infinitely sustainable. Once that happens, VCs will lose interest because they can get a better return on their money in whatever the next great thing will be. That's one reason Uber will need their IPO while they are still in the growth phase. But before they go public, their financial statements will need to show they can remain solvent as an ongoing concern.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Well, he is, after all, a five-star rated driver. ;)
POST # 14/Just one more trip: Here's a
5☆ Tip-4-U: Congratulations!
Apparently, the Haberdasher got a Lil'
Behind the 8 Ball on the Good News
Distribution.

Bison here. About a week ago, You reach-ed the First Step, of Three, on your way
to UPNF Greatness: Well-Known. Being
at an Approval Rating of 85%, at this
early stage of Your Membership, bodes
well for Future Achievement, and recep-
tivity by NUberers of Your Mentoring,
should you be So Inclined.

Way to go, Sir!
Bison Admires.
Bison Inspires!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts