Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-...amine-ride-sharing-in-queensland-uber/6833294

"But as much as we like to issue personal infringement notices and as much as we will rally against the fact that it's operating outside the current legislative framework, we need to be aware that people are voting with their feet and Uber is growing in popularity.

"We want passenger opinion to be reflected in the review and we want community as well as industry input into how we look at the taxi industry or the personal transport industry going forward."

Key words - how we look at the taxi industry or the personal transport industry going forwards.

Uber isn't going anywhere and they know it

the taxi industry is now to be renamed the 'personal transport industry' which incorporates these first generation ride sharing apps and will open the door for all the variations to come

welcome to the 'personal transport industry Act' 2016

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Was listening to Jackie Trad on 4BC this afternoon talking about this new "commission" into ride sourcing. She and her government are halfwits of the greatest order, they've had how long to address this issue? The previous Newman government was treading water on the issue, and now Labor has had well over 12 months to take action but haven't done squat except for handing out over 1.7 million in fines. Now they are saying they need until August 2016 to finalise their investigation into Uber/Taxi/Hire Cars.

Interestingly enough, the Taxi Council here in Qld says Uber is illegal and therefore shouldn't have any say in the proceedings, meaning if they get their way then Uber is dead and buried because they will have no input - very convenient for a dinosaur who would rather rub out the competition rather than lifting it's own game.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The Australian people absolutely love it when Joe Bloggs risks it all for them for peanuts. They almost cream themselves on the back seat.

Jackie Trad deputy premier said she doesnt mind at all if Joe Bloggs risks it all carting her and her friend across town for a discount, illegally, untrained and uninsured !

Oh you had an accident and are now in a wheelchair ? Next driverx please.

Oh you had an accident and insurance didn't pay and you lost your house ? Next driverx please.

Canberra, NT, Nrma, Choice, several Federal polititans, thousands of people are all screaming haul our asses to the Airport now for half price, while we cream ourselves loving it you are risking it all for them.

Same story with AirBnB they are also not covered by Insurance. There is a very good reason those in Business charge what they do when legal.

Btw Canberra Ctp (commercial) is currently 9k per annum. How soon did you say Uberx were opening in Canberra again ?

Meanwhile Jackie Trad is working furiously meeting with Joe Blogs (Uberx) to determine how the hell can we bend over backwards for this fool to keep driving and risking it for our asses because we all love our half price Taxis do not take them away!

Germany have woken up and forced Uberx to now charge as much as Taxis. Thank God somebody on this earth has a brain :-D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
and you know why? because the majority of people despise the majority of taxi drivers. You dont realise how repugnant you have become.

go drive with uber for a few hundred trips and listen to every single person tell you how they will never get in a cab again. you think it is all about price, which is a factor, but is also the dour miserable halfwits that would rape their own grandma that cant do anything else successfully that the general public wants to avoid.

and as for the working for pittance argument i dont think most people would call taking home $20 to $40 an hour pittance at the drop of a hat working any hours you want. The majority of your wives probably work at aldi stacking shelves for less than that. another null argument.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
oh and the fact you lot continue to frequent an uber internet forum to spread misinformation and utter crap continues to lower my already barrel bottom opinion of you and your kind.

Its a shame a there are a few good eggs having a go that are lumped in with you.

I was ambivalent and even had some sympathy for taxi drivers at first, but the more people like you continue a poorly thought out smear campaign the more my dislike for you grows.

Your campaign does more to discredit you than uber

·
Registered
144 Posts
spread misinformation and utter crap
Excuse me ? is this the pot calling the kettle black ?

You seem like a reasonably intelligent person (not), if you think Uberx will continue on its merry way and either not be shut down or not become regulated thereby destroying its business model then you sir are a fool !

Btw did I not say anywhere that I also both drive Cabs, Uberx like many of the other posters in this forum ?

You Sir should stop posting forthwith as you have crossed the realm of jerk and have now become a ****** !

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is no doubt it will become regulated, no doubt at all.

It will be the 'personal tranport industry act' that wipes out any value in your taxi licence because the industry has changed and taxis will make up a far smaller percentage of the personal transport industry that is perhaps subsidised to carry the elderly or disabled.

if you dont try and sell your licence for whatever you can get for it, you sir are the fool.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if you drive for Uber then arent you a bit of a hypocrite with every single post you make?

zero ****s given to arguing on the internet but the fact you lot keep coming back for more gives me pleasure because you know deep down ur ****ed which is why you keep wasting your time posting shit on the interwebs hahaha

do you feel in control now? does it give you a sense of control over your inevitable future?

keep going im enjoying it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts