Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
909 Posts
"...perpetually high rates of Third World immigration..."
It's kind of like Lord of the Flies: Hoping the group that created the cause of the problems (immigration) will fix the outcome of the problems (labor imbalance) by using the same failed logic results in greater disaster.

· Registered
909 Posts
The govt has played a major role in the drivers' plight with their immigration policies. But only the govt has the power to put a stop to the exploitation of drivers. The drivers can't do it themselves.

So yes, the entity (the govt) that helped cause the problems is the entity drivers will need to fix those problems. It's the only hope the drivers have.

I should add that the federal govt is the entity that helped cause the problems but most likely it will be the state govts that fix it.
From the perspective I want to personally stay free of politics, the largest UP member complaint is poor pay, driven by ants, which is due to government sanctioned illegal immigration. The government has no desire to reverse immigration, so by extension the outcome will not reverse.

As you state the issue lies at the Federal level, and some States are trying to fix the problem, but will most likely not. The children of the illegals are anchors, "citizens by default" (in all but a few rare cases), so even if/when States eventually purge the workforce of illegals their children will refill it. If that set of assumptions is correct, it stands to reason this is done for a purpose as those in power aren't "dumb."

Note I'm not making a value judgement, rather examining cause-effect.

On-topic, if members find this sheet is useful for record keeping and would like things modified/enhanced, either the author @DMCK or possibly myself may be able to assist (though I do not speak for @DMCK nor would I make modifications he does not approve of).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts