Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
583 Posts
So, while we don't know exactly what the riders are paying, unless we ask, Lyft is screwing us all. Out of the people I have asked, Lyft is taking 55-75% of each fare.

I started tracking "actual" versus "rate card" (which are still bs rates). Took out the bonus/surge rate and tips from the total paid for each ride, because you can't get an accurate figure with those in there.

Out of 83 rides so far Lyft has shorted me $42. This includes what I made above the rate card rates. While not a huge amount averaged per ride, you know they are doing this to every driver, which amounts to a lot over the course of a day.

Started looking for a W2 job. I can't keep going giving 15 rides/day, making $150/day and spending $40 of that on gas. While Lyft is charging riders 3-4 times what we are receiving.
Rate cards have been eliminated with UFF... so what are you comparing it to? A historical rate card that doesn't exist anymore?

· Premium Member
583 Posts
I have only done two rides for Lyft all week. One of those rides resulted in the passenger telling me they were being charged $96 for the ride. They ask how much I would be paid of that. I quickly did the math and told them, I'll be lucky to get $36. They were shocked. I dropped them off and end the ride. I'll be damned . My payout was $35.75. They kept 60 ****ing dollars!

That's not true. Here, Lyft only has upfront pricing on basic lyft. So every other tier still operates on the old rate card

There are only two markets in my state that operate off up front pricingpricing. the rest of the entire state still functions on the "old" rate card

They absolutely still use it. Basic lyft is the only tier that operates on The Upfront Fare model here. Every other tier still operates off of the rate card
Since I only drive Uber X and Basic Lyft... I forget about the other platforms lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts