Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question, I have a bmw and subie and I know what their warranty covers. What does the toyota warranty cover? Im at 25k miles and my ****** started to slip

·
Premium Member
1,917 Posts
Question is "are they going to honor warranty for tlc car?" rather than what they cover. Some places honor warranty some don't. I heard from 2 different persons (one drives sonata other camry) so it's all about the place you're dealing with.
And if i'm correct you installed a turbo kit too, that can be a headache.

·
Premium Member
10,430 Posts
Question is "are they going to honor warranty for tlc car?" rather than what they cover. Some places honor warranty some don't. I heard from 2 different persons (one drives sonata other camry) so it's all about the place you're dealing with.
And if i'm correct you installed a turbo kit too, that can be a headache.
That would void warranty. I was told by an adviser at Honda that even if I install an audio system in my Accord the warranty would void.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Carmy ?? I had the same issue with my old carmy. Toyota put a new one in took about 4 days good luck
On the phone they told me, "we dont know what warranty you have, you have to come in so we see" im like ITS THE TRANSMISSION there is nothing to see.

I put my car in Reverse, and sometimes it doesnt drive in R until I put it in N then back to R... and it goes, and when Im driving regullary on D, it jumps RPMS like crazy and jerks my car. I know its ****** 10000%.

Ima bring it in at 7am, hopefully they get it done fast cause I heard they dont give loaners

·
Registered
542 Posts
On the phone they told me, "we dont know what warranty you have, you have to come in so we see" im like ITS THE TRANSMISSION there is nothing to see.

I put my car in Reverse, and sometimes it doesnt drive in R until I put it in N then back to R... and it goes, and when Im driving regullary on D, it jumps RPMS like crazy and jerks my car. I know its ****** 10000%.

Ima bring it in at 7am, hopefully they get it done fast cause I heard they dont give loaners
I purchased the extra warranty they offer to cover the car. But when I received the warranty rules and reg it said that if the vehicle is used for taxi or for hire it would void the warranty(so I cancelled it). Just don't let them get you with the whole uber /taxi crap. If they say something to that effect start talking lawyer and news and watch them try and help.

·
Premium Member
5,795 Posts
I purchased the extra warranty they offer to cover the car. But when I received the warranty rules and reg it said that if the vehicle is used for taxi or for hire it would void the warranty(so I cancelled it). Just don't let them get you with the whole uber /taxi crap. If they say something to that effect start talking lawyer and news and watch them try and help.
I bought the extended jumpoff with mine and had to replace the ****** (pause) I'm straight though because the dealership still has my regular old passenger license plate listed in the system :cool:

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Does your camry have a fluid dipstick? I know a lot of these new cars have sealed transmissions. If you do have one, check the level at operating temp and make sure you're good. Low fluid will make a transmission slip.

They'll probably scan the transmission for error codes and see what comes up. If it's something electric, there'll be codes stored.

Don't be surprised if they just give you a new transmission. 25k miles is really low, even for a taxi, to start slipping. Pretty surprising with a toyota, but you shouldn't have to pay for anything.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does your camry have a fluid dipstick? I know a lot of these new cars have sealed transmissions. If you do have one, check the level at operating temp and make sure you're good. Low fluid will make a transmission slip.

They'll probably scan the transmission for error codes and see what comes up. If it's something electric, there'll be codes stored.

Don't be surprised if they just give you a new transmission. 25k miles is really low, even for a taxi, to start slipping. Pretty surprising with a toyota, but you shouldn't have to pay for anything.
I put the car up on my computer, Only 1 Code came out, ABS but whatever I erased it.

But as I was checking the Acceleration / Decceration , it was showing me negative numbers. In park mode. Usually on my computer on any other car it would show 0.0 It showed me -2 -4 -7 and etc etc... So thats that.

We'll see, they said drop the car off at 7am, but I hope they give me a loaner. Im not trying to walk or uber everywhere

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Question, I have a bmw and subie and I know what their warranty covers. What does the toyota warranty cover? Im at 25k miles and my ****** started to slip
3yr/36000Mi basic, 5yr/60'000 mi powertrain, but you can always all Toyota dealer, they'll probably ask you when the last time you serviced your car,to keep warranty in effect? just a possible thought,jmo, PS was this a cvt ******? jmo

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I put the car up on my computer, Only 1 Code came out, ABS but whatever I erased it.

But as I was checking the Acceleration / Decceration , it was showing me negative numbers. In park mode. Usually on my computer on any other car it would show 0.0 It showed me -2 -4 -7 and etc etc... So thats that.

We'll see, they said drop the car off at 7am, but I hope they give me a loaner. Im not trying to walk or uber everywhere
Your scanner probably isn't able to read transmission codes. Most of the cheaper code readers don't. And the cheaper ones that do just give you generic codes or nothing at all. You need a snap on reader to really know what's going on and if there's anything there. There's a specific procedure you have to follow to be able to read them and those run at least a couple thousand dollars.

What were you reading when you were getting those negative numbers on your scanner? What were you using?

3yr/36000Mi basic, 5yr/60'000 mi powertrain, but you can always all Toyota dealer, they'll probably ask you when the last time you serviced your car,to keep warranty in effect? just a possible thought,jmo, PS was this a cvt ******? jmo
He said it's slipping gears. Can't slip gears if it's a cvt. But i get why you're asking if it is a cvt.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Your scanner probably isn't able to read transmission codes. Most of the cheaper code readers don't. And the cheaper ones that do just give you generic codes or nothing at all. You need a snap on reader to really know what's going on and if there's anything there. There's a specific procedure you have to follow to be able to read them and those run at least a couple thousand dollars.

What were you reading when you were getting those negative numbers on your scanner? What were you using?

He said it's slipping gears. Can't slip gears if it's a cvt. But i get why you're asking if it is a cvt.
My dads computer is like 3k.
I told you i was reading Acceleration DT, and Deccelaration DT

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
My dads computer is like 3k.
I told you i was reading Acceleration DT, and Deccelaration DT
Then he probably has a snap on scanner. If nothing's coming up with one of those, you probably have a mechanical problem and not something electrical. Gears are worn out or some kind of mechanical failure if it's slipping.

Your transmission is a sealed, right? No dipstick?

Not exactly sure what DT is. I'm decent with reading scanners... at least trying to get better. Never heard of acceleration or deceleration dt though.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Then he probably has a snap on scanner. If nothing's coming up with one of those, you probably have a mechanical problem and not something electrical. Gears are worn out or some kind of mechanical failure if it's slipping.

Your transmission is a sealed, right? No dipstick?

Not exactly sure what DT is. I'm decent with reading scanners... at least trying to get better. Never heard of acceleration or deceleration dt though.
no dipsticks.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.