Uber Drivers Forum banner
101 - 120 of 156 Posts
Is that why you see Escalades everywhere ? Cadillac is a GM brand btw . ooops
So is Humvee. And he certainly saw a few of those growing up where he did.

Toyota gained a following in the middle east due to its abundant use in middle-eastern warfare. There's got to be at least a chapter at the War College on the use of Toyota vehicles. I mean, Jesus, there was a series of battles during the Chadian–Libyan conflict nicknamed The Great Toyota War.

Discussion starter · #102 ·
General Motors is worthless on the world stage, and now they're losing their backyard to Toyota. Among all the great American companies like IBM, Sun Microsystems and Cray, General Motors is a total national disgrace. This company needs to die already.

Making cheap reliable cars does not mean that you make the best cars . It all depends on what your needs are . For example , if you're driving around collecting scrap metal or selling watermelons , then a Toyota pickup truck is for you .

Discussion starter · #106 ·
There's a reason why people have emotions towards GM & Ford and not towards Toyota. No kid grew up dreaming to own a Toyota.
I grew up watching Land Cruisers kicking ass. Buying a Land Cuiser is is not only a good mathematical decision but it's also a good emotional decision. The whole world runs on that beast.

Discussion starter · #107 ·
You know I'm not trying to offend anyone, but I find majority of Americans very stupid compared to the majority of other parts of the world. Trust me, some Americans are very very stupid, you feel pity for them

Discussion starter · #108 ·
It wasn't for the H1B Visa, these morons would be living in stone age.

You know I'm not trying to offend anyone, but I find majority of Americans very stupid compared to the majority of other parts of the world. Trust me, some Americans are very very stupid, you feel pity for them
Is that why you came here ? To educate us ? I wonder , where would you and your fellow countrymen would be without the US ? Would you still be on the map ?

Discussion starter · #113 ·
Don't tell me I'll have to buy stupid crap from GM to be considered a real American

Well this is my home.
It is now , because things were so "great" where you came from . Interesting thing is that you became "smart" when you arrived here , wasn't the case back home , and now you want to tell us what we are doing wrong . That's laughable . Are you familiar with the saying : "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" ?

Don't tell me I'll have to buy stupid crap from GM to be considered a real American

Buy American was nothing but a marketing gimmick from the 1980s... mostly to save GM. Sadly, Americans should have listened as now we don't make anything here.

You're here. You're a real American. Don't let anybody tell you any different. Get your people out and bring them here.

Also, Tundras are way more reliable and durable than the F-150. Let's admit that.
No. From the US News and World Reports: "This head-to-head competition isn’t the least bit close, with the Ford F-150 taking nine out of 11 categories, with the Toyota Tundra only winning the Cargo Space and Safety sections, and at that by a whisker-close margin. Clearly the Ford is the better choice here, offering more cab configurations, powertrains, and trim levels than the Toyota, with added available under-hood power, better fuel economy, and stronger towing and hauling abilities. It also rides and handles better, is predicted to be more reliable, and treats its occupants to a better-designed and more comfortable interior that can be fitted with an ample array of features. It should come as no surprise that the F-150 is U.S. News’ top-rated pickup truck for 2021."

I have a 1999 Chevy Blazer 4wd that has seen a lot of rough duty. I've had to do some parts replacements but its still humming at 200k.

A few years ago I was looking for a new economical but fun to drive car. I did a lot of research and testing. I bought my first Japanese car. A Mazda. Driving matters. Zoom Zoom.

Discussion starter · #119 · (Edited)
Those who think that I am being anti-America by pounding General Motors, let me tell you something.
My most favorite company ever is American, Sun Microsystems. Crooks like today's General Motors ganged up on them and killed them because they were great but small. They killed them, but they couldn't kill the legacy that they left behind. Crooks like General Motors will leave no legacy when they die.

Discussion starter · #120 ·
No. From the US News and World Reports: "This head-to-head competition isn’t the least bit close, with the Ford F-150 taking nine out of 11 categories, with the Toyota Tundra only winning the Cargo Space and Safety sections, and at that by a whisker-close margin. Clearly the Ford is the better choice here, offering more cab configurations, powertrains, and trim levels than the Toyota, with added available under-hood power, better fuel economy, and stronger towing and hauling abilities. It also rides and handles better, is predicted to be more reliable, and treats its occupants to a better-designed and more comfortable interior that can be fitted with an ample array of features. It should come as no surprise that the F-150 is U.S. News’ top-rated pickup truck for 2021."

I have a 1999 Chevy Blazer 4wd that has seen a lot of rough duty. I've had to do some parts replacements but its still humming at 200k.

A few years ago I was looking for a new economical but fun to drive car. I did a lot of research and testing. I bought my first Japanese car. A Mazda. Driving matters. Zoom Zoom.
Come on, a Tundra with a straight V8 it is way more reliable than that V6 Turbo in the F-150. Show me an F-150 with a Turbo that lasted a million miles. NONE! For the Tundra, it's just a day in the office

101 - 120 of 156 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.