Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, I just gave a ride and used the square to charge 7.00 in the driver portal it shows what you see in the attached pic. My question is why does it say CC payment $6.00 and total payment of $7.00 I know I charged the entire $7.00 to the cc. Please help, this is confusing.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Well, you charged $7.00 on your Square, so Square will deposit the full amount (minus their fee of $0.19) in your bank. Not sure why Total ride shows it that way. Your only charged Total ride commission on the $6.00

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It looks like the commission they charged is the $1.08 which is the ($7.00 fare - $3.00 service charge) * 27% = $1.08. I don't get what the $6.00 is at all. It isn't getting deposited to my bank as I have to go to the cage to pick up the money until they send me a debit card.

Yeah, the bank is listed in the sq app as "total transit LLC"

·
Registered
654 Posts
It looks like the commission they charged is the $1.08 which is the ($7.00 fare - $3.00 service charge) * 27% = $1.08. I don't get what the $6.00 is at all. It isn't getting deposited to my bank as I have to go to the cage to pick up the money until they send me a debit card.

Yeah, the bank is listed in the sq app as "total transit LLC"
Not sure what is going on. I started driving for them a year ago. During the year they have made 5 or 6 changes to their rate structure and how they pay. Although still eligible to drive for them I have not turned on the app in several months. Last time I drove they were paying me on a debit card, but the Square transactions were my own, they went to my own account and my own bank. I guess they have changed that.

·
Registered
265 Posts
DD problems might be an indication of poor credit history.

I don’t think they factored in the lost revenue from cab leases. Just some bad arithmetic on their part. A cab driver doing $150 in vouchers a day will produce more revenue than a Veyo driver doing the same amount.

Cash flow problems are inevitable with their new business model.

All the same you can do alright with Totalride...just don’t make any long term plans around it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Anything you're running through the square should be going into your own bank account that you set up with the square. Did you set up your square to pay into your own account, or to pay TR?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Convoluted, true. But when I run the square on a TR ride the money goes to my account--it's my square after all, and I set it up to have the money go to me. They deduct their share out of what they owe me for other rides.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Square goes into their account now and you get paid at the cage or on a debit card. I was also told that Discount Cab is being phased out and Total Transit is getting out of the leasing business and putting all their eggs in rideshare.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Hmm. In Tucson they just expanded leasing on the weekends. They might be pursuing different courses in each city.
I think they still have Dial-a-Ride in Tucson maybe that is the reason
The Square goes into their account now and you get paid at the cage or on a debit card. I was also told that Discount Cab is being phased out and Total Transit is getting out of the leasing business and putting all their eggs in rideshare.
Unless you go out and get your own Square and don't use theirs but then maybe they would cancel your contract if you did that

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.