Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have driven for totalride. I am still an eligible driver but have not turned on the app in months. When I first went I had high hopes for them as a competitor to Uber and Lyft. However the clientele is much different from Uber/Lyft. Lots of short ride pickups at Walmart, shopping centers, etc. Also people wanting a ride to a store a mile away from their home, want you to wait while they go in, and then take them back home.

They charge $1.30 a mile, and pay drivers 73%, so it is almost 95 cents a mile compared to 71 for U/L. You also receive more per minute, 21 cents vs. U/L 7 cents. There is no pay for wait time or no shows. There are no surges. They offer cash and in car credit card, but the driver has to pay the credit card fees, another 3%. If you take a passenger and they stiff you, in addition to giving a free ride, you still have to pay the commission to totalride. They also pay daily, you get paid the next day.
Their rates: $3.00 booking fee + $1.30/mile + $0.30/minute, $7.00 minimum fare. Drivers earn 73% revenue share, less the booking fee

Their app is difficult to use. It's not clear what their insurance coverage is, possible similar to U/L, but maybe not.

I had a situation on a cash ride that involved domestic violence and police involvement. I feel that is much less likely with U/L, and that is when i stopped driving for them.

They also have voucher rides that pay a fixed rate, $1.15 per mile for the shortest distance, regardless of the route you take or the route that navigation takes you. Navigation is usually least time so it is not always the shortest distance. No tips permitted on voucher rides.

For Van/XL they charge $10.00 more, I presume driver share of $7.30 per ride. Although I have a van I had never received a request for a van.

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Really? I do way more Lyft than Uber, more airport trips and more tips. What's so great about Uber, over Lyft? In the grand scheme of things, both suck.
It's the exact opposite for me. I do 90% Uber with lots of tips. Tips are about the same for me U/L but the volume of rides are way lower with Lyft. Maybe it's area specific

·
Registered
654 Posts
It's the exact opposite for me. I do 90% Uber with lots of tips. Tips are about the same for me U/L but the volume of rides are way lower with Lyft. Maybe it's area specific
Since I do XL only and am fairly busy I don't do Lyft which has no such option despite the fact they promised it some time ago. If Lyft offers Lyft Plus only I might try it again.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
My Lyft % is way higher because I nab lots of 25-35 mile Scheduled Lyft trips in to Sky Harbor, and often Lyft rematches out again. Wish Uber shared scheduling with us. The rare Uber scheduled ping that I get is always to the airport.

And I'm X/Lyft only.

·
Registered
363 Posts
My Lyft % is way higher because I nab lots of 25-35 mile Scheduled Lyft trips in to Sky Harbor, and often Lyft rematches out again. Wish Uber shared scheduling with us. The rare Uber scheduled ping that I get is always to the airport.

And I'm X/Lyft only.
I've had 10 scheduled rides that haven't connected the last 3 days. Glitch in their system. $100 they have paid me. I don't even leave my easy chair now. Ha.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Why are you grabbing short rides that are scheduled? If it's not a trip to Sky Harbor, it ain't going in My Pickups.

At times I've had trips seemingly disappear when I've logged on when required. However, they almost always generate the request within a minute or so if I wait. The past month or 2 I've made a point of putting myself very close by the pickup location before the required login time. Have not missed a single request since I changed to this practice. Of course that also means more wasted waiting time. But they are good airport runs.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Why are you grabbing short rides that are scheduled? If it's not a trip to Sky Harbor, it ain't going in My Pickups.

At times I've had trips seemingly disappear when I've logged on when required. However, they almost always generate the request within a minute or so if I wait. The past month or 2 I've made a point of putting myself very close by the pickup location before the required login time. Have not missed a single request since I changed to this practice. Of course that also means more wasted waiting time. But they are good airport runs.
I tried getting close before logging on....didn't work. I actually have a picture of the van that came and took the pax. I figured I should take all the rides that show up. $10 is better than a $2.92 mini. Won't last long I'm sure.

BTW. Pep Boys does inspections. Lyft is FREE and Uber is $24.95. At least that is what the Ellsworth/Guadalupe store charges.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Who's talking about inspections? Anyway... I again went to the Uber hub for my annual inspection in early April. In and out in 10 minutes. Free. Lyft coming up in June.
I went to the hub for my inspection. Instead of going inside to have them upload it (and keep the inspection report) I uploaded it to Uber through the app. Then when my Lyft became due, I uploaded the same Uber inspection.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
I went to the hub for my inspection. Instead of going inside to have them upload it (and keep the inspection report) I uploaded it to Uber through the app. Then when my Lyft became due, I uploaded the same Uber inspection.
Me too. But went to the 7th Street outlet. The mechanic was already inspecting another car. He finished and came to mine. Two minutes and I had a signed form I uploaded to Uber and Lyft to satisfy both. Never ventured further than my driver's side door.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts