Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number

So I asked how does upfront fare get affected by riders requesting multiple destinations.

To which support respond with:
Sanjay Lama (Uber)

Jul 14, 06:01 PDT

Hi John,

Thanks for reaching out. Happy to explain!

I understand you have a query regarding what to do in the situation when riders request multiple stops. With this way of receiving requests, you just need to know in advance whether the entered destination is the final stop - so be sure to ask your rider at the beginning of the trip.

If it's not the final stop, you can ignore all the incoming trip requests until the final destination is entered - or, if you feel confident with the way, have riders put their final destinations in right away to prevent requests from coming in too early.

And remember, fares are determined by both time and distance so the fare will automatically include the additional driving and wait time if you bring your passengers to more than one location - no need to stop and begin the trip again.

My goal is to ensure the issues that prompted you to email today are fully resolved. If you still have further query(s), please feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you with that as well.

Thank you for providing me this opportunity to assist you. Have a great week ahead!
Not what I was asking ... so I wrote back in response:
"Actually, that's not what I was asking.

I'm asking about the fixed pricing you're displaying to riders on the app ... you give a fixed price to riders but when riders have multiple destinations than what he/she originally was quoted, how question what happens to the riders' quoted fare price?"

I then get another response with the same answer:
Shivam (Uber)

Jul 14, 08:52 PDT

Hi John,

Happy to explain what to do in the situation when riders request multiple stops.

With this new way of receiving requests, you just need to know in advance whether the entered destination is the final stop - so be sure to ask your rider at the beginning of the trip. If it's not the final stop, you can ignore all the incoming trip requests until the final destination is entered - or, if you feel confident with the way, have riders put their final destinations in right away to prevent requests from coming in too early.

And remember, fares are determined by both time and distance so the fare will automatically include the additional driving and wait time if you bring your passengers to more than one location - no need to stop and begin the trip again.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to help.
I got fed up and wrote:
"
Wow, seriously?

Stop with the cut-n-paste answers.

Your answers are not what I'm asking.

I'm asking how does FIXED PRICING that you provide RIDERS now get affected when RIDERS asked for MULTIPLE DESTINATIONS. I'm not asking how does MULTIPLE DESTINATIONS affected ME ... how does the FIXED FARE get affected by RIDERS requesting MULTIPLE DESTINATIONS.

Anyways, you can stop with answering. I'll make up my own answer."

And then I get another response:
Pankaj (Uber)

Jul 14, 09:11 PDT

Hi John,

Happy to explain what to do in the situation when riders request multiple stops.

With this new way of receiving requests, you just need to know in advance whether the entered destination is the final stop - so be sure to ask your rider at the beginning of the trip. If it's not the final stop, you can ignore all the incoming trip requests until the final destination is entered - or, if you feel confident with the way, have riders put their final destinations in right away to prevent requests from coming in too early.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to help.

·
Premium Member
26,816 Posts
So now the same "CSR" sends the same answer but just changes his name?

Or is it that the cubicle residents now have a first grade level command of the English Language and the "Supervisor" a third grade level command?

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts
It's not our responsibility to dispute fares unless Fuber changes it to $0.00 or adjusts down because the passenger filed a complaint. I had one 2 weeks ago during 3.6x surge where I gave them a ballpark number before we moved an inch. During the trip he decides to take a detour and show his girlfriend his grandmother's house where he grew up. Sorry bro if that raised your final fare an additional $20. I watched this trip like a hawk for a week to make sure the fare wasn't adjusted for "inefficient route" and took a screenshot of original payout.

·
Premium Member
26,816 Posts
I gave them a ballpark number before we moved an inch..
I will give "ballpark" figures in the taxi, be it street hail, call or Uber Taxi customer. Uber does not object to this for Uber Taxi.

I do not know if you ever received it, but Uber did tell me not to quote fares on UberX and that I should refer them to Uber for estimates. In truth, I prefer this, that way they can argue with Uber instead of with me.

One thing that I hate about estimating cab fares is that even though you state fifty times that it is only an estimate and that they should not hold you to it to the penny, AND, they state that they understand that, if you say "nine dollars" and it comes up nine-dollars-seventeen, they will put up a major fuss.

·
Registered
396 Posts
So now the same "CSR" sends the same answer but just changes his name?

Or is it that the cubicle residents now have a first grade level command of the English Language and the "Supervisor" a third grade level command?
I've gotten the same response, verbatim when I asked a question about those pings hurting acceptance rates when the rider added a new destination after arriving at the original destination. I finally got a real response on the 3rd attempt. It amounted to "tough luck."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts