Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been reading your pages the last few weeks to see the ins and outs of this gig. Started driving 3 weeks ago, and not doing terrible but I feel there is a better way to do this. I do have another job, just doing this to make extra cash and be free from boredom. Ha I understand the idea of staying offline to increase surge, makes complete sense; Driving around on screws everyone. I drive mostly weekends during the day, would rather avoid the 3 am vomitfests but have come to weekdays recently for a couple weeks. I did 2 rides yesterday in an hour for $20 and called it cuz it was just DEAD. Wasn't sure about the concert last night, but it looks like I screwed myself there
So to my questions:
Are weekdays worth driving at all?
Are all concerts and such a good call to post up at? Asking because there's a freaking Selena Gomez later tonight...
Any specific info that I should be privy to so I don't screw you guys and make the most of my time?

Just don't wanna be one of the ants you talk about

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe I have been lucky i don't know. The weekends I have driven I'm continuously driving to or with someone. I always turn on right when I leave my house and within 5 mins my day is rolling continuously. I really haven't had any down time. If it's not a surge and they are more than like 5-7 mins away I don't take it. I'm not wasting my time driving all over hell and back just to pick you up for $5! Not many rides are surge rides except last weekend but still not bad for 5 hrs online and constantly busy for $2-400 a weekend. Like I said I'm bored so why not haha I live off the 15 and surges quite often here for sdsu, or military pick ups on weekends so I wait until the surge is at least 2 then go online if I'm sitting at home.

I think I'll post up at the concert tonight and see what happens haha looks like a few people scored last night!
I have done a few SAN rides that were lucrative but I understand the concept of staying off to surge lol I don't like having to park and wait, such a waste of time when downtown is right there and surging!
Did my first pool ride this weekend, nope never again! Too confusing for a few bucks so I'm getting a handsmacking timeout often! That's fine by me!

Is it difficult downtown at nights to find your riders? I see it surge all the time at night but haven't ventured out there.
does anyone know why temecula doesn't ping for me? I drive up there very Friday night ( for a personal trip) and I don't even show on the map if I'm online....

Thanks for all the advice guys!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.