Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1) Riders who don't know how to drop a freaking pin on where they're actually at

Ok, so we're in the year 2015, and most of population (safe to assume) owns some sort of smart phone whether it be an iphone or android. You can't use the app without having one, which means you've learned to some extent how to functional navigate through it and also use apps. With Uber being one of the most popular apps out there tell me WHY IN THE HELL DO WE STILL HAVE PEOPLE OUT THERE NOT KNOWING HOW TO DROP A FREAKING PIN?!

You use Uber practically everyday. I'm sure you've talked to multiple drivers who probably have suggested it to you or showed you how, yet it baffles me the number of requests I get with incorrect or non specific addresses. This is getting pretty ridiculous! For Uber to hold us accountable for the mistakes of their own customers (or the app) is completely beyond me.

2) Backseat drivers

TO ALL YOU BACKSEAT DRIVERS OUT THERE NEWSFLASH...NOBODY LIKES IT! Absolutely no one. So when you get in our car and say "I'll/We'll just direct you as we go" what you're really saying is you're a complete ****** bag who likes to be in control of everything. Half the time most people end up missing the street they meant for me turn (or actually taking a much longer route) on while they're sitting there staring at their phones, then we drivers get the blame for it after they complain to Uber about an "inefficient route" to get some of their money back.

3) Riders who eat in the car without asking for permission

Would you all let some random stranger bring food into your car without permission? I'm guessing probably not. So WHAT IN THE WORLD makes you think it would be ok with us? NO REALLY?! I want to know what you guys are thinking when the Uber driver shows up. How do you think our next customers are going to rate us after the car smells like Jack in the Box or there's crumbs on the floor? Do you even freaking care? Wait...don't answer that.

4) Riders who smell (BO, Weed, Cigarettes etc)

No explanation necessary.

5) Riders who call you while you're on your way to pick up location

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE!! STOP FREAKING CALLING US WHILE WE'RE DRIVING!!! We see your request. We know (or should know) where you're located. NO NEED TO CALL US WHILE WE'RE DEAD SMACK IN THE MIDDLE OF TRAFFIC! I think most riders out there watching us driving around on the app think for some reason that we're the only car driving on the road. This is clearly not the case. Don't call me asking "Are you coming?" or "How long til you'll be here?" cause you will surely be canceled on.

End rant

·
Registered
311 Posts
1-10) uber riders.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I once had a women get in a eat some Damn hippie nuts that reeked the whole way to her destination and after. Guess what, i look back there after the trip and her f&$kin nut crumbs are all over my floor and she must have wiped her filthy hands on my leather because it was all greasy.. I was so annoyed that she came in my car and acted like I was there to clean up after her ass

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Combination of 1) and 5) Rider who drops the pin in the wrong location, calls to give you the correct location after you get to the pin, then call again to ask whats taking so long.

·
24,235 Posts
call again to ask whats taking so long.
What is taking so long, Sirrah, is the necessity for thee to summon another Uber. As I am somewhat less than interested in the undeserved one star rating that surely thou wilt render unto me, I am forced to cancel do not charge rider this trip forthwith. Thanks be unto thee and ..........HAVE a nice day, if it thee pleaseth.

·
Registered
297 Posts
The rider who makes you wait five minutes and you realize you could have made more cancelling then driving the rider to their destination. Freaking walk next time.

·
Registered
329 Posts
1) Riders who don't know how to drop a freaking pin on where they're actually at

Ok, so we're in the year 2015, and most of population (safe to assume) owns some sort of smart phone whether it be an iphone or android. You can't use the app without having one, which means you've learned to some extent how to functional navigate through it and also use apps. With Uber being one of the most popular apps out there tell me WHY IN THE HELL DO WE STILL HAVE PEOPLE OUT THERE NOT KNOWING HOW TO DROP A FREAKING PIN?!

You use Uber practically everyday. I'm sure you've talked to multiple drivers who probably have suggested it to you or showed you how, yet it baffles me the number of requests I get with incorrect or non specific addresses. This is getting pretty ridiculous! For Uber to hold us accountable for the mistakes of their own customers (or the app) is completely beyond me.

2) Backseat drivers

TO ALL YOU BACKSEAT DRIVERS OUT THERE NEWSFLASH...NOBODY LIKES IT! Absolutely no one. So when you get in our car and say "I'll/We'll just direct you as we go" what you're really saying is you're a complete ****** bag who likes to be in control of everything. Half the time most people end up missing the street they meant for me turn (or actually taking a much longer route) on while they're sitting there staring at their phones, then we drivers get the blame for it after they complain to Uber about an "inefficient route" to get some of their money back.

Would you all let some random stranger bring food into your car without permission? I'm guessing probably not. So WHAT IN THE WORLD makes you think it would be ok with us? NO REALLY?! I want to know what you guys are thinking when the Uber driver shows up. How do you think our next customers are going to rate us after the car smells like Jack in the Box or there's crumbs on the floor? Do you even freaking care? Wait...don't answer that.

No explanation necessary.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE!! STOP FREAKING CALLING US WHILE WE'RE DRIVING!!! We see your request. We know (or should know) we're you're located. NO NEED TO CALL US WHILE WE'RE DEAD SMACK IN THE MIDDLE OF TRAFFIC! I think most riders out there watch us driving around on the app think for some reason that we're the only car driving on the road. This is clearly not the case. Don't call me asking "Are you coming?" or "How long til you'll be here?" cause you will surely be canceled on.

End rant
100% agree, this is my list as well.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
The rider who makes you wait five minutes and you realize you could have made more cancelling then driving the rider to their destination. Freaking walk next time.
I had one of those after the Raider game. Pinged inside the Colosium, and started walking out. Wasted at least ten minutes finding him to only drive a half mile to his car. Not as bad the the next rider that took BART from the game until she was out of the surge for a near minimum fare. As short as her ride was, it probably cost her more to do it the "cheap" way. The next two fares made up for the other two.

·
Registered
94 Posts

2) Backseat drivers

End rant
OK....#1 Riders don't care if they dropped the pin at wrong location, the way they see it you are supposed to know where to pick them up at.

#2 I actually don't mind turn by turn directions, if the trip becomes a longer distance better for me, oh and just tell uber when passenger gets out car that pax gave turn by turn directions easily solved...

#3 Riders that have food in car...I inform the passenger I have a no consumption of food policy while in my car, all my passengers have respected that policy without giving bad rating.

#4 you have no control how passenger smells...

#5 I like when passengers call me, gives me opportunity to ask them where they are standing at, such as in front of hotel, restaurant, street corner. Makes finding passengers easier to find in a big city, with address numbers difficult to find at times.

·
Registered
276 Posts
To be honest , i like backseat drivers. That way, i can take a break from looking at my GPS and studying the route hoping i dont miss a turn. When the backseat person is directing me, i can chill and shut my brain and. Also, if they make a mistake, they usually apologize and know its their fault.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
OK....#1 Riders don't care if they dropped the pin at wrong location, the way they see it you are supposed to know where to pick them up at.

#2 I actually don't mind turn by turn directions, if the trip becomes a longer distance better for me, oh and just tell uber when passenger gets out car that pax gave turn by turn directions easily solved...

#3 Riders that have food in car...I inform the passenger I have a no consumption of food policy while in my car, all my passengers have respected that policy without giving bad rating.

#4 you have no control how passenger smells...

#5 I like when passengers call me, gives me opportunity to ask them where they are standing at, such as in front of hotel, restaurant, street corner. Makes finding passengers easier to find in a big city, with address numbers difficult to find at times.
1. Thank you Captain Obvious!

2. Except for the fact that driving this way greatly increases your odds for an accident as the rider suddenly yells "Turn here!" because they've been paying attention to his/her phone the whole time.

3. Just keep driving it's bound to happen.

4. Agree with you, but again an obvious comment.

5. Passengers can text, which works just as well and a lot safer. If riders knew how to drop a pin correctly there would be absolutely no need to call or text.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
If I see someone holding food I tell them "No eating in my car please"

If someone pulls out hidden mystery food "No eating in my car please"

If they throw a fit. Brake lights. Get out.

·
Registered
94 Posts
1. Thank you Captain Obvious!

2. Except for the fact that driving this way greatly increases your odds for an accident as the rider suddenly yells "Turn here!" because they've been paying attention to his/her phone the whole time.

5. Passengers can text, which works just as well and a lot safer. If riders knew how to drop a pin correctly there would be absolutely no need to call or text.
No need to fear Captain Obvious is here!!!
#2 if they say they will "direct me" and I see them pull out their phone, I offer to use my gps. Most of the time they put their phone away, but 99% of my passengers just tell me use gps.

#5 Captain Obvious agrees...:)

·
Registered
94 Posts
No need to fear Captain Obvious is here!!!
#2 if they say they will "direct me" and I see them pull out their phone, I offer to use my gps. Most of the time they put their phone away, but 99% of my passengers just tell me use gps.

#5 Captain Obvious agrees...:)
But use this to your own advantage to guage the type of customer you're about to pick up. If they answer the phone with an attitude or are rude, count on getting a bad score or you can just cancel. Thats why phone calls before pickup is a good thing.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts