Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
24,961 Posts
Is it legal in DC? It's not legal here in Cali.
I will not carry them on UberX. What happens is that you pull up to the address, out comes a thirteen year old girl. You decline to transport and get this fuss "ALL THE OTHER UBER DRIVERS DO IT!"

What is funny is that if I am driving the cab, I can carry them at twelve.

·
Premium Member
6,874 Posts
"My Other Driver Let Me..."

11. "... run in and grab a few things while you wait. I won't be more than just a few minutes."

12. "... put this giant box of dirt and garbage in the back seat."

·
24,961 Posts
Do you afraid of 13 years old girl?
No, but a fear of the consequences of being involved in a collision with one as a passenger, regardless of fault is not illegitimate. You can not haul an unaccompanied thirteen year old on UberX or Lyft because Uber's/Lyft's insurer will not pay a claim for a passenger injury to an unaccompanied minor. This passes over your being de-activated for doing it. Your private insurer will not pay any claim for a passenger's injury if you are hauling one for compensation.

Similarly, I am not afraid of a blind drunk twenty three year old unaccompanied female, either. I am afraid of the consequences of hauling her. If she does not ralph in my car, she will pass out. At that point, I will have to get the police to get her out of my car at the destination. If I put my hands on her, I could face legal consequences. In fact, even if I do not touch her, she could accuse me of improper behaviour. Uber/Lyft would de-activate no questions asked. Even if the law clears me, neither Uber nor Lyft would re-instate me.

There are some passengers that you just do not haul.

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
No, but a fear of the consequences of being involved in a collision with one as a passenger, regardless of fault is not illegitimate. You can not haul an unaccompanied thirteen year old on UberX or Lyft because Uber's/Lyft's insurer will not pay a claim for a passenger injury to an unaccompanied minor. This passes over your being de-activated for doing it. Your private insurer will not pay any claim for a passenger's injury if you are hauling one for compensation.

Similarly, I am not afraid of a blind drunk twenty three year old unaccompanied female, either. I am afraid of the consequences of hauling her. If she does not ralph in my car, she will pass out. At that point, I will have to get the police to get her out of my car at the destination. If I put my hands on her, I could face legal consequences. In fact, even if I do not touch her, she could accuse me of improper behaviour. Uber/Lyft would de-activate no questions asked. Even if the law clears me, neither Uber nor Lyft would re-instate me.

There are some passengers that you just do not haul.
A.K.A. the most important "L" word: liability.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Pull up to a family of 3. Two adults get in back and the ~5-7year old opens front passenger door. His favorite thing to do is ride up front.

I apologize to them all and tell them legally he can't ride up front. The mom was really mad like I was just being mean to her son. Telling me how all the other drivers do it and it has never been a problem.

She made jabs about it the whole 10 minute ride. I just let her talk.

Honestly im surprised she didn’t care that in an accident the air bag would probably kill her small child if he is in the front seat.

·
Premium Member
2018 Honda Civic EX
6,861 Posts
I so don't want to go back to pax. But the time is coming. Mostly worried about the chin mask or dick nose pax :(

·
Banned
1,599 Posts
For some reason I can't find a way to end that sentence that isn't dirty minded.

Not even joking. All gutter :cryin:

21 - 40 of 72 Posts