Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I took a $15 uber ride today to talk with the uber driver, I plan on getting in ubering.
He tells me uses personal insurance and says that uber ins. Kicks in if there is an accident with passenger onboard.

He tells me he makes on average after uber % and gas, he nets $120 a day.. making up to $200 net on Fridays and Saturdays.

After reading a lot of negative comments about ubering, and doing research, I figure working a 40 hour workweek after all expenses you would average about $650 a week.

That's not bad money works to be about $17 an hour net.... not bad

The more uber drivers there are the less fares, simple math.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Please keep in mind this is a Canadian thread and what it breaks down to in your market doesnt necessarily translate to what it breaks down to here in ours.

In Toronto you will average 18-20/hour after Uber commission. What that ends up being after that, your own personal net amount after expenses, will vary from driver to driver.

Keep your dead kms low, snag as much surge as u can, best to use a used car as fuel efficient as possible. The night timers love driving without traffic and im sure that will help lower costs a bit as well. Keep receipts for everything.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
He tells me uses personal insurance and says that uber ins. Kicks in if there is an accident with passenger onboard.
Yes, that's what Uber told him.

However experience shows otherwise. They left the poor T-boned Uber driver stranded with his insurance dropping him, deniying the claim and Uber doing nothing up to now. Even with this story getting out to mass media Uber did nothing.

He tells me he makes on average after uber % and gas, he nets $120 a day.. making up to $200 net on Fridays and Saturdays.
That sounds about right for a 11-12 hour shift. Now you have to ask yourself if you are willing to work 70 hours a week to earn $900? You don't think driving people around with no insurance and under constant stress during 12 hours a day is not hard work?

I figure working a 40 hour workweek after all expenses you would average about $650 a week.
It's going to be more like around 450.

$17 per hour after Uber's cut, gas, maintenance & repairs and depreciation is just unrealistic.

Now that being said, it doesn't seem to me that you will consider any of this useful advise.

So, I guess, you'll have to learn the truth the hard way - by actually driving for Uber.

Well, good luck!

Reactions: djino

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Hi,

I took a $15 uber ride today to talk with the uber driver, I plan on getting in ubering.

After reading a lot of negative comments about ubering, and doing research, I figure working a 40 hour workweek after all expenses you would average about $650 a week.

That's true until you come onboard...
Then another does the same thing you did...
Then another...
Etc...

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hi,

Your in the ball park if you get a small hybrid 2008/2009 yah you could make dat.As a new driver you make alot less than the ol timers but your goal is very reasonable.Once the learning curve is done 3-4 months you might be able to surpass your goals.BUT ONCE YOU START UBER YOU NEVER GET OUT uber dream killer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts