Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Too much weight to take you...

762 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Mr. Sensitive 
#1 ·
I arrive at the Hotel, 4 grown adults, 4 solid rolling suitcases (2lg 2med), 4 carry-ons, 2 shoulder bags, 1 backpack and 2 purses greet me. I step out and guess 1,000lbs going into my VW Jetta.

I tell them no way, they'll bottom out my suspension. I also noted that for 12$, at 3$ a piece, they could get an SUV for 6$ per person, AND STILL BE CHEAPER THAN A CAB.

No clown car for me.

Now, UBER says 4 Pax. They were 4. UBER says luggage, but when is too much finally TOO MUCH?

#3 ·
Your response should always be: "I feel that it would be unsafe to transport your party and luggage in my vehicle". if they ask why tell them all of the luggage, carryons, and anything that could become a projectile in a crash must be in the trunk. If they can do that, and not bottom out or significantly lower the ride height of the car, then the ride is a go. Otherwise, sorry but you need to hail a XL. All of your explanations need to mention safety and never mention a persons weight. Also have a dashcam record your conversation.

#7 ·
I arrive at the Hotel, 4 grown adults, 4 solid rolling suitcases (2lg 2med), 4 carry-ons, 2 shoulder bags, 1 backpack and 2 purses greet me. I step out and guess 1,000lbs going into my VW Jetta.

I tell them no way, they'll bottom out my suspension. I also noted that for 12$, at 3$ a piece, they could get an SUV for 6$ per person, AND STILL BE CHEAPER THAN A CAB.

No clown car for me.

Now, UBER says 4 Pax. They were 4. UBER says luggage, but when is too much finally TOO MUCH?
When it doesn't fit. They need to use common sense when ordering vehicles for an airport run. I have done the same, and I have a Passat. I love watching a large individual try and sit in the middle seat. Wtf. When is frugal just cheap and uncomfortable?

On airplanes if you need extra room you, purchase it, you don't get to sit on my lap. The same holds true for my car.

But for fun, I will let them try, right up to the point where they blame it on me. Then I point out they ordered a Rideshare for 4 people and luggage. If you need or want extra space the prudent thing to do is order an xl.

#12 ·

No clown car for me.

Uber x is for passenger transport. People have been abusing this service since the start. Truth is we don't need to take anything but pax, no luggage, groceries, bags, etc. The stops are also abused as they are meant for pax drop offs & pick ups, not shopping, doctors, errands, etc.

You did right by declining, if more drivers stopped these cheap ass people, there would be less of them...but that will never happen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.