Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got nicked on my rating (cleanliness) because I have my own stuff in the back.

tired of being exploited and abused.
How much stuff? Just dipping my toe in right now, but I was thinking about, if I got serious, maybe keeping a small travel guitar in the back (4Runner right now) for any potential down times, and possibly a mini-bin of cleaning supplies.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Three riders, six pieces of luggage? I cancelled the ride and told them they need to request an XL. The PAX looked confused. What part of my trunk is too small don't you get?
If you spend any time at big events observing people operating the Uber rider app, you'll realize that certainly 80% or so of them are completely oblivious to the fact that there are other categories of Uber than X.
They wouldn't even know the right buttons to push (pun intended). That'll also be the reason Uber defaulted (still defaults?) the app to Pool sometimes: it's the only way to get some folks to (accidentally) try something new.

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
How much stuff? Just dipping my toe in right now, but I was thinking about, if I got serious, maybe keeping a small travel guitar in the back (4Runner right now) for any potential down times, and possibly a mini-bin of cleaning supplies.
Its was half full, I cleaned out some things this morning.

·
Premium Member
60,590 Posts
Three riders, six pieces of luggage? I cancelled the ride and told them they need to request an XL. The PAX looked confused. What part of my trunk is too small don't you get?
That's why you buy one of THESE.
YOU tell the Officer it is for handicap access. You load LUGGAGE on it. It BLOCKS traffic cams & speed cams !
WIN WIN WIN SITUATION !

Attachments

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
LMAO I don't know how some people manage to reach adulthood without being victims of natural selection.

Had an Indian couple from LAX last night. The husband decided to load the luggages and piled it so high that there was no chance of the trunk even closing half way. So I told him we would need to put one of the luggages in the front seat and he proceeded to put it on the drivers seat!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I got nicked on my rating (cleanliness) because I have my own stuff in the back.

tired of being exploited and abused.[/QUOTE
Do you happen to know why if I cancel trip due to "too much luggage" my cancelation rate goes up? when someone has too much luggage and they don't cancel the trip (because they want you to) what should be marked if not "too much luggage"

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
Just stay the Frack away from LAX.
What were you thinking?
Grandma coming to visit the Grand children?

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I told an early morning trio of males, each with a large rolling bag, heading to SAN, to cancel the ride and order a larger vehicle ... and got a confused look from the lead before I took off with a cancellation fee and a self-vow to screen every a.m. p/u(s) from then on.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
LMAO I don't know how some people manage to reach adulthood without being victims of natural selection.

Had an Indian couple from LAX last night. The husband decided to load the luggages and piled it so high that there was no chance of the trunk even closing half way. So I told him we would need to put one of the luggages in the front seat and he proceeded to put it on the drivers seat!!!
To be fair, because they're a former British colony, Indians drive on the left. The fact that there's a steering wheel in the way should have been a tip off, though.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
My third trip was with four women (since it's important for some to know, they were white) each had a bag, they (the bags) all wouldn't fit in the trunk, so they had to lay one across their laps in the back.

Being the seasoned driver (50 rides) I've become, I'd now cancel. I had to drive with my bucket (I use for washing my car) on my lap.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This happened to me...right??? Pax can be dumb

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
I carry a ukulele, it stows nicely in front of my seat with a piece of vecro to keep it from sliding

·
Registered
293 Posts
My trunk is always full - hiking and beach gear. There's lots of down time on this gig, plus if it's the weekend I'll keep my pillow and blanket too in case I need a nap.

I already have to keep 4 seats completely clear and open for pax, the trunk is MY space for MY stuff.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts