Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it seem they have brought on too many drivers already in our market? Last game day was great, made decent surge for a few rides. This game day I was online for over 2 hours with no pings whatsoever. I finally called it a night and went home about game time. Hope you all had a great weekend but with the lack of demand during the day out west and seeing more and more drivers on the road it may be time to call it quits.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It was a slower game, and uber was hyping drivers like crazy for this one. Things will balance out, next home game should be a little better. I have stopped rolling unless it's surging or I have nothing better to do. No sense competing for those fares when I could be home taking a nap.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I counted upwards of 50 cars on the rider app during the peak time before the game. I think I ended up with 5 maybe 6 rides before the game and about 5 after. So I do think there was a rush of drivers coming on (I knew of 3 that came on before this past Saturday). Hopefully Marty is correct; it will work itself out but there's the outside chance we saw the heyday in Ktown during the Oklahoma game. If they beat Florida the Georgia game might be big. We'll see I guess.

·
Registered
116 Posts
A lot of guys will get frustrated and quit. No one is gonna make money if were only grabbing 10 runs during a home game. supply VS demand will eventually balance all this out. I think a anyone starting this week with promises of 1K earnings on game day will feel very burned and say FTS quickly. I check nightly, if I see sustained surging, I'm rolling. Otherwise I'll only roll if I am bored.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I hope you are right, Marty. But of course if we do have demand and less drivers they will send out text messages explaining that there is a huge surge going on.

Maybe we all should just log on to make it that much more dismal so that people will really get frustrated and delete the whole thing...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts