Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
With uber people get charged more often when they cancel.
If it is a pool and they cancel as soon as they request when you are within 5 minutes away, the pax gets charged.
If a pax cancels on an uberX after 2 minutes of requesting, they get charged.
On lyft, a pax has 5 minutes if they want to cancel before getting charged. I believe that is how it is with line as well, but not to sure.

·
Registered
962 Posts
If it is a pool and they cancel as soon as they request when you are within 5 minutes away, the pax gets charged.
On lyft, a pax has 5 minutes if they want to cancel before getting charged. I believe that is how it is with line as well, but not to sure.
Uber is still no charge for pax canceling within 5 minutes of request. Also, pax may cancel after 5 minutes at no charge if driver is more than 5 minutes from pick up. X only. Matched pools get charged immediately.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lyft should adopt the same policy. I can't tell you how many times people have canceled well I was already on route. Waste of time waste of gas. Sometimes lyft riders will have you driving in circles.

·
Banned
2,272 Posts
Lyft is nothing but a public nuisance and a waste of resources.

It should be deactivated.

The only reason List is around is to extort money from Uber on a M&A play. In fact the only reason it received it's latest funding.

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
Lyft should adopt the same policy. I can't tell you how many times people have canceled well I was already on route. Waste of time waste of gas. Sometimes lyft riders will have you driving in circles.
What is your gender, age range, and race?

I did approx. 6000 rides with Lyft from early 2015 to early 2016.
A good amount of young adult female passengers on Lyft in SF(mostly white, some asian) are brutally discriminatory. Anyone who isn't a white young adult male driver in his early to late 20s will get discriminated/canceled on frequently by this population. I'll bet my left nut that this is a well known dirty little secret of the Lyft employees hence the racial/gender matching algorithm that somehow manages to match pool riders of the same race (on both platforms Uber and Lyft)! They've got all the data to prove that a good portion of their ridership base practices what I call discriminatory "quick cancels".

I've done lyft long enough to know and haven't done a single ride since 2016. Being a adult minority male, I can't tell you how many times I've been canceled on. And if they don't cancel and happen to really need a ride, they will feign politeness by saying "thank you" when they first enter the car (instead of saying "hello, how are you _____?", when in actually when they greet you with a fake "thank you", they really mean to say that they don't wanna have anything to do with you and that this fake "thank you" is as far as I would like it to go between you and I. My favorite is when they do this to me but as soon as another passenger gets picked up in pool they start yapping. Anyways I don't care anymore now that I'm moving on with my new job. But I see people for how they are. Most people are shallow and don't see the deep connections similarities we have with one another. They look only on the surface and prioritize the small differences.

I was kinda naive at first when I started driving for Lyft, I saw the Lyft Ad on youtube with the young white guy acting friendly and goofy with his passengers. I tried that in SF, doesn't work cuz I don't look like him despite me being rather friendly (used to). Theres definitely some hidden covert racism in SF. In the coastal parts of the east bay and in Socal, racism is nowhere near as bad as it is in SF in my opinion. I can almost guarantee you that you will get canceled on far less by passengers in the east bay no matter what your background is. Thats been my experience.

Lyft has the social/community emphasis and that means a lot of the times especially in SF, race is thrown in the equation, and whether or not some riders feel comfortable with socializing with the driver because of his background.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts

A good amount of young adult female passengers on Lyft in SF(mostly white, some asian) are brutally discriminatory. Anyone who isn't a white young adult male driver in his early to late 20s will get discriminated/canceled on frequently by this population. I'll bet my left nut that this is well known a dirty secret of the Lyft employees hence the racial/gender algorithm that matches pool riders of the same race (on both platforms Uber and Lyft)! They've got all the data to prove that a good portion of their ridership base practices what I call discriminatory "quick cancels".

I've done lyft long enough to know and haven't done a single ride since 2016. Being a adult minority male, I can't tell you how many times I've been canceled on. And if they don't cancel and happen to really need a ride, they will feign politeness by saying "thank you" when they first enter the car (instead of saying "hello, how are you _____?", when in actually they mean to say that they don't wanna have anything to do with you and that this fake "thank you" is as far as it goes between you and I. My favorite is when they do this to me but as soon as another passenger gets picked up in pool they start yapping. Anyways I don't care anymore now that I'm moving on with my new job. But I see people for how they are. Most people are shallow and don't see the deep connections similarities we have with one another. They look only on the surface and prioritize the small differences.

I was kinda naive at first when I started driving for Lyft, I saw the Lyft Ad on youtube with the young white guy acting friendly and goofy with his passengers. I tried that in SF, doesn't work cuz I don't look like him despite me being rather friendly (used to). Theres definitely some hidden covert racism in SF. In the coastal parts of the east bay and in Socal, racism is nowhere near as bad as it is in SF in my opinion. I can almost guarantee you that you will get canceled on far less by passengers in the east bay no matter what your background is. Thats been my experience.
Either you are NOT reading the previous responses or do NOT understand the written English language!

AGAIN: IT IS NOT PASSENGERS WHO ARE CANCELLING RIDES. LYFT IS CANCELLING TO GIVE YOUR RIDE TO A CLOSER DRIVER! IT's called a "BAIL-OUT" Lyft pretends to care about drivers but really they are just a "wolf in sheep's clothing"

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
I see lots off talk, get for reals together ya'll and compile some of this stuff . I gave up driving Lyft but it sounds like some valid mistreatment coming from them. Uber isn't perfect and bs happens all the time, but all this Lyft stuff I hear about sounds patently unfair and ridiculous.

·
Registered
974 Posts

A good amount of young adult female passengers on Lyft in SF(mostly white, some asian) are brutally discriminatory. Anyone who isn't a white young adult male driver in his early to late 20s will get discriminated/canceled on frequently by this population. I'll bet my left nut that this is a well known dirty little secret of the Lyft employees hence the racial/gender matching algorithm that somehow manages to match pool riders of the same race (on both platforms Uber and Lyft)! They've got all the data to prove that a good portion of their ridership base practices what I call discriminatory "quick cancels".

I've done lyft long enough to know and haven't done a single ride since 2016. Being a adult minority male, I can't tell you how many times I've been canceled on. And if they don't cancel and happen to really need a ride, they will feign politeness by saying "thank you" when they first enter the car (instead of saying "hello, how are you _____?", when in actually when they greet you with a fake "thank you", they really mean to say that they don't wanna have anything to do with you and that this fake "thank you" is as far as I would like it to go between you and I. My favorite is when they do this to me but as soon as another passenger gets picked up in pool they start yapping. Anyways I don't care anymore now that I'm moving on with my new job. But I see people for how they are. Most people are shallow and don't see the deep connections similarities we have with one another. They look only on the surface and prioritize the small differences.

Lyft has the social/community emphasis and that means a lot of the times especially in SF, race is thrown in the equation, and whether or not some riders feel comfortable with socializing with the driver because of his background.
I don't know. I don't get cancelled on and I definitely qualify as a minority. My issue when they get in the car is also the opposite. People talk too much. I just want to drive. The worst is when they hop up front and I have to move the stuff I'm using to block the seat. :mad: I'd be more than happy with just a hello and a thank you near the end.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts

Bro you need to chill , yes people are racist and yes they may cancel but common lol people say "thank you" and that's racist ? it's like they have to prove to you they are not racist ? Why should you put that burden on people who just need a ride ? Is that fair.

you need to lighten up and may be your riders will enjoy a ride with you and hence be chatty. If lyft riders are cancelling on you it's mostly because they don't like your photo or car you drive and not because of your race.

Newsflash ! There is barely any white people driving rideshare lol I will also add that white folks dont like to see other white people do rideshare , I'm not white ! I was told this from a white person , white male during a lyft ride lol

·
Registered
294 Posts
I used to find this but ever since DeleteUber Lyft got a lot busier and I don't find the Cancels happening. Lyft are plenty shady but both companies are lieing cheats.

I suppose the biggest waste of money is the one that's wasted the most investor money, which is Uber by a factor of 10.

Lyft's much tighter financial control probably gives them a realistic chance of survival, Uber with its renegade leadership has a lot more to fix. They can start with killing off Pool and Black, the biggest loser products and roll from there.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Uber x pax can cancel within 5 minutes no charge.
Uberpool 2 minutes.

I used to find this but ever since DeleteUber Lyft got a lot busier and I don't find the Cancels happening. Lyft are plenty shady but both companies are lieing cheats.

I suppose the biggest waste of money is the one that's wasted the most investor money, which is Uber by a factor of 10.

Lyft's much tighter financial control probably gives them a realistic chance of survival, Uber with its renegade leadership has a lot more to fix. They can start with killing off Pool and Black, the biggest loser products and roll from there.
Pool makes them money. It's drivers that lose on pool

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.